Chapter Twenty-Two: It's Over? No, It's Just The Beginning

Chapter 22: It’s Over? No, It’s Just The Beginning

Tristan’s POV

I could hear them inside, shuffling around quickly. Then, suddenly the door opened, Parker looked up at me.

“Hey man, do you know what time it is?” He said running his hands through his hair.

Was he trying to fool me? Did he really think I was that stupid?

“Where the hell is she?” I said getting straight to the point.

“Who?” He said trying to be curious about it.

“You know the last person who tried to play stupid with me, ended up in a coma?” I said narrowing my eyes at him.

I saw him twitch a little bit and that’s all I needed. Without saying anything else, I let myself into the house.

“What the hell are you doing?! Get out now!” Parker said following right behind me.

I turned around to face Jake, “Hey can you get this annoying dude to shut up?”

Jake nodded quickly and entered the house. I turned back around and heard a “ooph” noise come from Parker. That should do it.

“Now, if I were an idiot, where would I hide someone?” I said thinking to myself.

“Basement,” Jake and I said in sync.

I made my way through all the doors. And right when I came to the last one, a fist collided with my cheek. I stumbled back a couple of steps from the blow. When my eyes finally focused on the person, I realized it was Steven.

He had a smirk planted across his face. It must have been such a big victory to have been able to hit me.

“Now you just made me pissed.” I said furiously.

***

Maddie’s POV

Derek paced back and forth in the room. He was sweating profusely, I could tell he was nervous.

“I told you you’d be caught.” I said nonchalantly.

He turned his attention towards me, giving me a nervous smile, “I’m going to jail, or worse, aren’t I?”

“What do you think?”

“I am,” He said dropping his head down.

I felt a little sorry for him. Even though, he did force himself one me, he kidnapped me, and he’s not exactly the nicest guy around, I still felt sympathy for him.

“If you answer a question correctly, I might be able to help you.” I said making up my mind to help him.

“Really?” he asked, his eyes lighting up a little.

I nodded and then said, “Why did you kidnap me?”

He thought about it for a moment, “I kidnapped you because… I wanted to get back at you.

“For what?” I asked.

“You’re always making a fool out of us. I thought if we kidnapped you and messed around with you for a bit, you’d leave us alone.”

“I made a fool out of you? You made a fool out of yourself; you bully people, who didn’t do anything to you. What makes you think that’s fine?” I said staring at him in disbelief.

“I-I don’t know…” He finally said.

“Promise me you’ll stop bullying other people.” I said looking at him.