Chapter 5

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

It's been weeks ever since Sejeong's father who turns out to be the man I saw Chanyeol killed, to all the people that I know who have lost a loved one, Sejeon was the only person who was still jolly and cheerful that I knew. She was still the same, the clumsy and bubbly part-timer that we know but she particularly living in the shop's storage room even though we offered her to stay in the house for the meantime.

She mentioned that her father was a member of some rich group, "His job was very dangerous Sir, I always hear my mom and dad arguing about him leaving the group, my mom kept insisting but dad said he can't because it could put him in a very dangerous situation if he tries to leave that group." She mentioned when we asked her. She didn't know that I saw her father got killed that night, just not now.

"There was this one time when I burst out on him, screaming on him that mom is getting worried even though she doesn't need to be worried and telling him that he should leave that group before it's too late but all I get is a hard slap on the face and a punch on my stomach, and telling me that I am not in the right place to say those things to him especially that all the money that he's gaining all goes for my school yet I told him that I'd rather work than receiving such money from a dangerous job, my dad and I weren't in good terms ever since Sir. He's an abusive and manipulative bastard." She wiped her tears as she remembers everything that her dad has done to her and her mom.

"Mom loved my father so much that she had to endure all the moment that he abused her, I had to endure all the slaps, the punching, the pinching and all the pulling of my hair." She said as she stared across the wall.

Taeyeon caressed her back, "Is that why you're crying?" Sejeong nodded, "I don't know but I am just glad that someone killed him, my mom and I don't need to suffer anymore."

We asked where her mother was, her mother is with her uncle and she said her mother has been silent since someone broke the news to them. Sejeong doesn't want again to be involved so she decided to leave and stay with us.

My thoughts were disturbed by a tap on the counter and my eyes widened when I saw Chanyeol, again. He has been coming to the shop for the past weeks, ordering the same drink and pastry.

"I would like some—"

"Iced americano and one croissant? Coming right up." I have already memorized his order and was about to punch it when he suddenly held my hand, stopping me from punching his order, "A Frappuccino for today Baekhyun, please." He withdraws his hand from gripping my arm, he smiled and nodded before turning his back and sat on his usual spot. The table on the farthest right of the shop near the window where the flowers and trees were displayed.

I noticed that I was holding my breath the entire time, I let it out and stared at my arm. His grip was hard yet gentle, his hand is warm and calloused. My stomach churned as I thought of the way he looked at me, the way he smiled, and the way he held me. I immediately shook my head and punched his order.

After minutes of waiting for Kyungsoo to come out from the kitchen to serve the Frappuccino, he was all smiles as he went out, "Who ordered Frappuccino Baek?" I leaned my head to the side where Chanyeol was sitting, Kyungsoo gasped, "Woah, he's literally here every 9 am everyday huh?" I didn't answer him, all my attention was on Chanyeol, he's holding a book in his left hand while his right hand is supporting his leaning head, maybe to read what's in the book properly.

"Woah, what the heck? He's literally here every day! Another iced americano?" I heard Taeyeon asked, I just kept on staring at him as Mark gently puts his Frappuccino. He smiled at my cousin and muttered something, I noticed that my cousin was staring at him and slowly nodded.