noah

Noah Schnapp is at my house.

Why?

I do not know the answer to that question, though I do plan on finding out as soon as I can get my mom alone and ask why the hell she let him in.

Or maybe I could just ask him. That seems way more rational.

"Noah," I say dragging the word out. "What are you doing here? In my room? In my house?" I say, but not in a mean way.

"There's something wrong with Sadie."

My ears perk up. "Is that why you're here? What do you want me to do about it?" He receives a blank look from yours truly.

Noah sighs. "Look, Gaten's a nice guy and all, but she shouldn't be with him. She's leading him on. She doesn't really like him. And the feeling isn't really mutual. Gaten might as well be in love with her."

I felt a smile trying to creep up my face, but pushed it down. "Again, why are you telling me? I'm kinda going out." I say. "Hurry up."

Noah's face falls for whatever reason. "With who?" he says... almost sadly?

"My friend Hope... You still haven't told me what I'm supposed to do about Sadie. It's not as if we're friends or anything. Our friendship has kinda died."

Hope and I were now really close. I opened up to her that day about the whole Sadie fiasco and she told me about her parents' divorce and why she had to move here. We laughed over ice cream and Disney movies she forced me to watch. But anyway, back to the current matter at hand.

"Just forget it," he says, quietly.

"Why did you come here then?" I say, my voice raised.

"For Sadie!" He shouts. "And for you."

That catches me off guard. "For me?"

"You're in love with her aren't you?" he asks, laughing.

Speechless, I look at him.

"She's in love with you too. She just doesn't know it yet."

Tf?

"Noah get out of my house." I point to the door and look away from him. He needs to leave, before I say something that could get back to Sadie and ruin the good life I have right now. I need to pick up Hope. I need to continue on with my Sadie-less routine. The routine where everyone is happy yet there's a boy yearning for a love he can never have. He just needs to go.

"Bye, Noah." I say still waiting for him to just leave.

I pick up my cell phone and text Hope. "Still on for tonight?"

Her response comes back a few minutes later. "Yup."

Time to have some fun with a real friend.