𝒁𝒂𝒉𝒓𝒂

( Author's Note: The girl pictured above is who I see playing Zahra. Also, fun fact, her name is Zahra in real life as well.)

"I can't solve problems with cupcakes, but it sure makes me feel better."

Out of all the things and circumstances that could've happened, why this? Ya3ni it made sense because the reward money was so sudden and Hussein had a very fortunate amount of money due to this father, alhamdullilah for him, but out of all people? I didn't want to let him know that this had some sort of affect on me, because wallahi it shouldn't. And another thing, I didn't want to let Shira think that I was going to drop out of the contest before I'd even entered it in the first place. I roll my eyes, my brown ones meeting Hussein's hazel ones. "And you're telling me this because....?" He raises his eyebrows at me as he smirks and presses on. "Because you're skipping the line." Shira smirks as well, and flips her hair. Imani scoffs as she glares at Hussein. "Wallah you know she isn't skipping the line, Don't listen to Khara head over here." She points at Shira and Shira yells, "Hey!" Imani rolls her eyes and I look back at Hussein speaking up. "Wallah I didn't." I admit, my eyes on his and he turns to Shira. "Shira, you can skip them." My jaw drops open and I huff, gazing at him as he winks and walks towards the front of the room. I glare at the back of his head as Shira bumps into me on purpose and skips me. Imani reaches forward, about to rip out Shira's hair and I laugh, shaking my head.

"Attention, Attention." Mr. Papperman calls, his eyes scanning the classroom full of students. Wallah I never thought that this many people would want to enter a simple baking contest, but it makes sense since the cash reward is so high. My eyes scan the room as I see many girls talking excitedly over this contest. "Most of you all know that this is our school's first baking contest. And shockingly, the prize is a very big deal." He clears his throat, fixing his tie. "Well, I'd like to introduce the young man who made this all possible." He says, turning from the stand and looking over at Hussein. "Ladies and gentleman, Hussein Jabir." The entire class claps their hands as Hussein stalks over to the front  in all his glory-note my sarcasm. He looks around the class as he speaks up. 

    "So the word has gotten out that Lakeview High is having it's very first baking contest. Thanks to my father's generous donation of supplies and prize money  due to my heavy suggestion because I do like my sweets. Anyhow, I myself, will be the judge of this contest, along with two special, secret guests judges as well." His eyes meet mine as he smirks a little, and I roll my eyes, turning to face Imani. "I'm gonna make sure that I win this competition." Imani smirks as she turns around and faces Shira, and Shira's eyes glare into mine. I roll my eyes before grabbing the pamphlets laid out on the table, excited to go to my house, even though there were two blocks left. 

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          The last block bell rings, and I hold all my class supply lists in my light backpack. I hurry to the locker, before placing the assigned textbooks to me in my backpack. Ya Allah, my back is about to snap in half. I really want to go back to the room where the baking contest information was given. I want to be able to rent the cook books just in case  I needed help, though I hate to toot my own horn but I'm no rookie, if you catch my drift. I open the door to the room, though my school bus was probably waiting  outside. Inshallah I won't miss it. I flick the lights on, looking around for the book rental check out sheets, my eyes scanning the room as I hear a familiar voice. "What are you doing in here?" My brown eyes widen as I hold the book tighter and turn around, of course. My eyes narrow as they lock with Hussein's hazel ones, as I speak back in a sassy mood that I didn't expect to come out. "None of your concern." I say, holding the book. He looks taken aback, before a glint of amusement flashes in his eyes. "Okay, Zahra. I deserved that one." I fold my arms and stare back at him. "You deserve much more actually, but I will not waste any more breath on you." I move to hurry out the room with the book in my hand as he tugs on my arm. My eyes widen and I slap his hand away from me. "Astaghfirullah. What the hell are you doing? Don't touch me." Though I'm wearing long sleeves, my arm is burning on fire. I'm going to jahanam, oh my God. His eyes meet mine as he goes to speak, and I cut him off again angrily. "Listen, I don't know who you think I am, but I'll make it clear. I'm not Shira, Amanda, Kelsey, or any of your stupid flings. I take my deen very seriously, and I haven't touched you, so there is no reason for you to be touching me." I say, anger lacing every word. His emotionless eyes meet mine as he looks down at me and he speaks back angrily. "What makes you think I don't take my deen seriously?" I snort, shaking my head and I angrily speak back. "There isn't enough days to explain the reasons." I huff. "Ya Allah, move." He gazes down at me, blankly before speaking up. "I'm going to make you regret talking to me that way."  I shake my head, hurrying outside the door, quickly, to get away from him. I hear him calling for me, but I'm now outside.  

      However, when I'm outside, my school bus is nowhere to be seen. How in jahanam am I going to get home?!