Chapter 1

"Alpha Magnus the troops are good to go. Are we running or are we driving sir?", my beta Alex asked me and I felt a sense of dread come over me.

It was the time of year that I despised the most. Every other lucky bastard could go and search for his mate while mine was nowhere to be found.

They're all so damn lucky, while they find their mates we've been alone for the past 12 years and we still have no clue where she's at., my wolf Haun grumbled angrily in my head. 

It was true, the night of my eighteenth birthday i was named Alpha and i didn't worry that I didn't find my mate in our pack, i was happy really, all the girls were sluts. Our first guess was that she was in another pack. A few weeks later we went to all our neighboring packs to seek my mate, but to no avail. However, Haun was a stubborn wolf and convinced me to search in packs all over the country.

Sadly as the years went by so did all the packs, I didn't find my mate. We even tried with all the rouges that any pack had captured but none were my mate. After 5 years I stopped hoping and tried to move on but my wolf didn't let me. He said that she might be in another country or made up any excuse he could, trying to idiotically to stay faithful to our mate.

"Alpha sir, is everything alright?", my beta asked and that was enough  to bring me out of my hopeless daze.

"Yes everything is fine. We'll be running there, so tell the men to take more clothes just in case.",I answered.

My beta of course didn't buy it, he closed the door and faced me.

"Okay Magnus, I've known you since we were pups and I know something's wrong. You were thinking about your mate, weren't you?"

This was exactly the downside of having such good comrades or friends like Alex and my third in command, Jackson.

"You got me. Its just so frustrating to see that everyone around us finds their mate in a blink of an eye and I still haven't the faintest idea of who or where she is." I said, trying to avoid my emotions from slipping.

Alex walked over to me and gave me a bear hug, like when we were little and comforted me as I tried to regain ahold of myself. Jackson and Alex were the only people that I could confide in.

"Mag look at me. Hold on a bit longer, I know for a fact that she's out there waiting for you, just like you've waited for her all these years. You know what, I'll make you a deal. If, and when you find her, she rejects you, which I wouldn't be all that surprised if she did because you know you're ugly, Jacks and I will be in a relationship with you and we'll run the pack like three strong Alphas...but you'll have to share us with our mates of course.", I stared at him and wondered how it was that this idiot was my beta.

I couldn't contain myself any longer and let my laughter out,"I trust you. But I don't think that Jacks would agreed to the deal.", as I said that Jackson walks in.

"What deal are you taking about? Why am i involved?And most importantly, how does it affect me?", he asked suspiciously, eyeing us both.

"You and I are turning bi and are going be in a relationship with Magnus and our mates if he doesn't find his mate, or if she rejects him. And that's final so you have ZERO say in it.", he replied, daring Jack to oppose.

Jackson held up his hands in surrender."Jeez, no need to be violent. But I do have one question though.", he said looking very confused.

"What might your question be?", I ask.

"Who's bottom?"

...

After Alex and I beat up Jackson for his stupid question we began preparations to leave. Alex  left to ready the men. I went to my room and grabbed three changes of clothes and then I went outside to see all our troops ready.

"Alright, listen up! We're going to the Crescent Moon pack to see if any of you have luck in finding your mates. We will stay there for about 4 days and if any of you find your mates tell me immediately so that at the end of our stay the alpha and I can discuss what will be done. Understood!"

"Yes Alpha.", they all said in unison.

"Alright let's go!",I shouted. As they went behind the trees to shift I walked over to Alex.

"Be careful with any rouges and keep the pack safe. Mind link me if there's any problems. Oh, and please try your best to not kill Jackson while I'm gone. I'd be sorry for the person who'd have to clean up the mess of his splattered brain."

"I do not make any promises. Bye my love and be safe.", he said in the girliest voice possible.

I ran over to the trees and found all my men waiting for me. I stripped and shifted into my large black wolf and started to run, the others following me.

...

I let Haun take over as we ran. We arrived at the borderline but no guard or Alpha for that matter was in sight to greet us.

That's strange, he said he'd be here, Haun told me and I agreed with him.

I ordered my men to stay put as I crossed the border cautiously and walked through the trees. As I continued to walk an amazing aroma hit my nose. It was chocolate and caramel mixed together, it was intoxicating.

Move it! Hurry you lazy bastard, she's here! She's really here!, Haun shouted.

I ran blindly following the amazing smell, thousands of thoughts tumbling through my head.

It's really her! After all these years we finally found her! Will she reject me? Will she love me? I could barely keep my emotions together and my thought process from jumbling.

The trees finally cleared to reveal a meadow, filled with flowers... And a girl, no older than 14, playing with a ball by herself, completely unaware of my presence.

Mate!, my wolf growls possessively.

~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment if you like this version of the story!