What's been going on?

Test tube sat alone in her room, working on some gadget. It looked like a rubix cube, but when thrown it would explode like a bomb. She make this just incase someone came in and tried to fool with her things. "Oh, I should make a few of these for the lab- you can always be careful!- Heh-" she spoke to herself. She shifted, looking into the side. "Where's that screw-" She paused as she heard a knocking sound from a room near, then paintbrush's voice boomed. "OH NO- LET ME GET THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER-" She jumped up, running into the hallway. "I'm trying to eat my crandberries with a slight dash of grape- please be quiet! If I can't eat these with peace, they'll prune out my handles!" Trophy yelled in responce. Test tube let out a loud sigh as she opened the door to paintbrush and fan's room. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU TRIED TO FEED BAXTER, YOUR GIVING HIM PIECES OF YARN!!" Paintbrush shouted, fire spreading across the room. It climbed up and down their bed and the floor around them. Fan frantically crawled back. "IM SORRY, I THOUGHT HE ATE WHAT LIGHTBULB ATE-" "BAXTER IS A CRAB!!" Paintbrush interupted. Test tube turned on the fire extinguisher, spraying down paintbrush and anywhere near them. "UUUuugh- i'm sorry, just NEVER DO THAT AGAIN-" Paintbrush walked to fan, foam dripping off their legs. They snagged Baxter away. "Ok, im sorry. I'll be more careful. I swear, that internet article said that yarn would be ok for crabs!" Fan responded. He looked over to Test Tube and began to laugh. "Thank you for saving my life-" She responded with a chuckle. "Agh, it happens too much here." Paintbrush sighed, turning to the two. "I'm sorry about that- I just dont understand why you thought it would be a good idea to feed a crab y a r n." They shifted. Fan smiled, putting a thumbs up. "Oh, its ok paintbrush, I never had a pet before- my mom told me to pretend i had a dog-" Paintbrush and Test tube gave an awkward glance to eachother. "By the way, I'm going out with lightbulb tonight, so you all need to clean this. And no, you can't come, its a date." Paintbrush left the room fast. 

"Well, we're stuck to clean this up. Got any towels?" Test tube sighed. "Let me go get some, you look tired." Fan responded. "Oh- I got it, plus, I can get my evaporating gun, we could test it out on something!" She smirked, raising one hand. "You've had enough action today- after we clean wanna listen to my 60 page rant on All Dogs Go To Heaven 2?" Fan beamed. Test tube sighed, giving a tired smile. "You know I love your rants."