Chapter 13 - Her Decision

*******

While the whole world is still in a buzz about the sudden terrorist attack incident, a certain someone who was the hot topic for being in a "state of a coma" and that person is now busy looking at the news forums for the latest updates that is happening outside.

"Just how long are you going to stay here? All of your work had already been piled up in my office and I can't take it anymore!"

Carlson ranted while Antoinette could only watch her best friend keep on ranting like a child throwing a tantrum and she could only sigh as she rolled her eyes and just ignored his existence while going back to read the news forums in front of her.

'He is still the same as before. It's a good thing at least he still retains that personality of his... unlike mine...'

She shook off her head when memories of that time started to resurface, and she didn't want to remember how powerless she was before.

When Carlson noticed that he was being ignored, he sighed as he gave up on ranting because he knew how stubborn she was and wouldn't listen if she didn't want to.

"So, what's your plan for that guy, anyway? He already gave his statement about the terrorist incident and also, he agreed to cooperate with us, but Antoinette, is this alright?"

He noticed that the silver-haired woman paused for a moment but continue on what she was doing, and Carlson knew better than anyone else that she was listening, so he continued.

"Have you forgotten that he is one of the trusted subordinates of one of the core members of [that organization] and if we didn't..."

He paused mid-sentence as he continued to observe the silver-haired woman who was still looking at those news forums through her iWatch device and he saw how her face darkens when he mentioned about [that organization] and he knew that he had accidentally stepped on a landmine that he shouldn't have.

However, as much as he didn't want to bring this up, but he was worried for the silver-haired woman even though there was nothing to worry about since he knew the woman was strong enough on her own.

But as one of her people who cared for her, Carlson still worried that she might end up hurting once more.

The mere fact that the bastard would still be left alone to live after what he had done in the past made Carlson clench his fists when he thought about him.

"It would be a waste to dispose of something useful. Don't you think it will do us a favor if we keep him alive for now?"

Carlson snapped from his thoughts when he heard what the silver-haired woman said and even though her voice is cold as usual, he could tell that those words aren't just words alone and he knew that she is planning something that only he can understand it.

'For now, she said? I have an inkling idea on how that word alone would come to play in this situation.'

About that man who goes by the alias, Richard Donovan, whose real name is HILBERT VANZELLAN, a man who was in his mid-30's masquerading as a young entrepreneur in order to hide his whereabouts because of [that incident] from decades ago...

Does he really think that he had hidden well enough? He may have deceived everyone, but not Antoinette Campbell.

Carlson looked at Antoinette, who turned off her iWatch and stood up from her bed as she walked through the table and poured some drink into the cup and took a sip on it.

After that, she looked directly into Carlson's cerulean-colored eyes and smirks.

"It's time, Gray."

Only those words alone that the man understands it well and he needs to prepare himself. In any case, those people would come to find out about them.

'After all these years of being silent and could only watch on the sidelines, her decision is final and will start to make a move. It seems like the incident in Port Byzantium Island is just a trigger for the upcoming events.'

"If that is the case then, what's the next plan?"

'I wonder how would they react if they learned that the person who was supposed to be dead is alive all these years? This would be fun, eh?'

..............

...........................

"As of this moment, those people would probably be going to investigate us, especially me."

Antoinette went back to her bed and take the tablet device as she looked through the e-files that Carlson had sent to her e-mail and reviewed it since she felt sorry for her best friend who works overtime on her behalf and there are tons of e-files that needs to be reviewed.

Carlson raised an eyebrow while eating his meal and gulped; "How are you sure about that?"

The silver-haired woman put down the tablet away, and she looked at her best friend with arms crossed around her chest and smirks; "Don't you know that we aren't supposed to be there? They have spies everywhere and they reported misinformation to them, so they think that attacking that island and killing off those participants would do them a favor."

He doesn't get it at all; "Yes, I know that we weren't supposed to be there, but what seems the problem?"

Antoinette sighed and shook off her head as she looked at how clueless her best friend was and didn't quite get it; "It would do them a favor since those business elites aren't that much important to them and killing them off would gain them the opportunity to seize those business negotiations that they had."

She paused for a moment before she continued; "However, that wouldn't be the case when I'm involved."

After she explained, Carlson still couldn't quite catch up on what the silver-haired woman was trying to say, but he thinks further while Antoinette lets him to analyze the situation.

As he thinks further, Carlson gasped as he finally understands what the silver-haired woman was trying to say, and he looked at her with eyes wide in shock.

"Y-you... act as a bait?"

Antoinette shook off her head; "I can't say that I am a bait, but you can think like that. However, they will think that I am related to someone that they knew."

Carlson felt like an incoming headache would come by because of a certain reckless and stubborn woman that he knew, but what could he do other than to support her and be there with her if anything happens.

'After all, I promised to [them] that I will take care of her.'

Antoinette; "That's why they will investigate the Campbells and those people aren't stupid. They will think it's odd when the Campbell Corporation, who was a start-up company from the beginning decades ago and with the sudden rise within the business world for years, only those people who are within [that world] would think otherwise."

***********