Chapter 1.4

I lean back from my computer, stretching out my arms overhead and placing them behind my neck. I've never combed through the internet to find minute details about a person before, so looking for one student out of thousands in a big university is taking a longer time than researching BTS's debut date.

I open the work diary again, tracing my fingers over Seokjin's name and university, thinking about what I would say if I found him. So far I have gathered that there are three Kim Seokjins studying at K University, two of which are under the Film and Acting program, the chances of two Kim Seokjins in the same program astound me. I've tried to look up their schedules, but the browser gives me back nothing. I've asked the other staff if they knew who scouted him, but they directed me back to Miss Lee, and Miss Lee is already out of the country.

I tap my fingers on the desk, debating whether I should go to K University myself or wait for Seokjin to magically appear in front of me, when I get a text message. It's from Hoseok.

Hoseok: Manager

Ami: Yes, Hoseok?

Hoseok: So what is our schedule? As a new trainee, I've got a lot of questions...Haha! Maybe you can explain?

I type in a paraphrased version of the trainee contract and explain it to him as best as I could.

Hoseok : Wow, it seems like I signed with a great company! I'm excited to start! Haha!

I smile reading Hoseok's text, glad that he's looking forward to becoming a trainee. He really should, he was born to dance. Same as Jimin.

Jimin. I haven't heard from him yet. When I handed him my business card, he looked really unsure.

"I can't promise you I'll audition though," he'd said. My face fell and my heart stopped dancing.

"I love modern dance, and if I join a company, well, I wouldn't be able to do that anymore," he said quietly.

The way he said it told me that he has some inner conflict about the issue. "Just think about it, okay? And follow whatever makes you happy," even if it means that you won't be seven. My heart was literally breaking, but it won't matter. Jimin's ---- and the other members' ---- happiness comes first. He'd smiled at me and said goodbye.

I sigh. I hope Jimin's okay. No matter. I shake myself out of it. Hoseok's bright message gives me motivation. I grab my things and head to the bus stop. I'll have to find Seokjin on foot.

"No, no no no no," the bus hurries off. I don't wait for the next one and decide to take a taxi to the subway, which proved to be a wrong decision. A turtle could have outwalked the taxi and the trains are delayed and my feet start to hurt. I shift my weight from one foot to the other, humming in my head and hoping I find Seokjin today.

I finally get on the bus that takes a longer route to K University. I twist my ankles in a rotating motion to relieve the ache in my feet when I overhear a conversation.

"Hey, what's up? I didn't know you took this bus."

"Yeah, I don't know what it is, but I've been late for everything today."

"Hey, let's grab coffee soon. I'm going to take some time off after this semester

"Wait, stop," I shout, not minding the glares sent my way. Seokjin pauses and rests his hands on his knees, flustered. "Wh...why... did you run?" I ask, wiping the sweat off my brow. Seokjin's strides are twice as long as mine, I had to run really fast to be able to catch up with him.

"Wouldn't you run too? You were coming at me like a pack of wolves!"

"That's because I was desperate. I really want you to be part of our company," I huff out. I hand him my business card and he takes it.