October: Weeks Three & Four

I made an oath to stay away from parties for the rest of the year. That oath was broken when Jack and I were eating dinner together three days before Halloween. It was his birthday.

"I know you hate parties, but would you go to the hockey Halloween party with me?" He asked sweetly.

"Of course. What should I wear?"

"Whatever you want. I'm gonna be a unicorn," he said proudly.

"I can't wait to see that."

...

Three days later, Jack was at my dorm, waiting for me.

I decided on a Sailor Moon costume because it was the only costume I owned. When Jack walked in, I was doubled over, laughing.

"Jack, you look ridiculous," I choked out.

"I don't care that I look bad. You're the star of this show."

I calmed down and grabbed his hand. "Let's do this."

...
Jack's outfit was one of many terrible to come. Every hockey player was some sort of animal, and they all looked insane. Their dates were dressed slutty. I couldn't say much, though. My skirt was pretty short.

After a night full of dancing, we were exhausted. Jack and I said our goodbyes and headed towards our dorm.

"Tonight was fun. I liked the guys more than I thought I would," I told Jack.

"They were drunk. Trust me, you wouldn't be too fond of the sober versions."

I nodded and decided to take his word.

When we got to my room, he gave me a quick but meaningful kiss.

"Have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow," he said.

I snuck one last kiss and went into my room.

Authors Note: Yet another short chapter! The upcoming chapters should be longer. No promises, but I'm shooting to finish this story tomorrow. Read on and enjoy!