two

Floor 25

Floor 25

The sky was a striking shade of blue; something I undoubtedly have seen before, countless times, but never really paid attention. Sitting on the ledge of the window, and leaning back on the outer walls of the house, I found myself staring absentmindedly at it, admiring its soft hue. Why was I so drawn to the color?

"I'll be going now," A voice behind me cut through my thoughts and I saw the blue-haired Khun. Perhaps he was the reason why I felt peace with the sky. My cheeks flushed, wondering why the hell was he wearing... that.

I made a face, scrunching my brows. "What are you wearing?"

His clothing of choice, in question, is what I call... very interesting. He was dressed in a full safari get-up (I swear if he wears that hat, he might actually look pretty cute), his light blue hair tied up in a small ponytail.

His eyes were glued to the floor, never meeting mine.

I huffed, forcing down a chuckle with his behavior. "Fine, I'll just assume that's your new style." (A/N To be honest, I can't think of a reason why HAHAHA)

The fact that he was leaving the apartment to meet the new recruit reminded me of my own meeting to attend to. I quickly hopped off the window sill and quickly wrapped my cloak around my back.

"Where are you going?" He queried as we boarded our shinheuh ride.

"Out," I replied as a matter of factly. I haven't told Khun about my suspicion of the Kaitorin or my encounter and exchanges with a man named Alu. I still wasn't sure how to tell the man beside me who I exactly was and where I came from.

He raised his brows from my expected remark. "Don't blame me if you get injured from your stupidity."

I glared and punched him, earning a wincing, but grinning Khun. "I'm not taking it back, I speak the truth."

I scoffed, rolling my purple eyes. "Yeah, you speak the truth incorrectly, dumbass."

Khun simply just laughed at my lame comeback. I blushed again. It's rare to see him flash me that genuine smile of his. The past months were hectic; he kept on trying to doing more members for the Workshop Battle.

Just thinking of that event grimly reminded me of my learning slump—how for some reason I'm having such a hard learning anything new and perfecting it.

Ugh, if only life was that easy.

I bid Khun good luck as we parted ways at the docks. He stared at me for a while, his ice blue eyes were seemingly trying to figure out where I would go. Without another word, I cheekily smiled, pulling up the hood of my cloak and left.

This Alu in question is a Fisherman and Light Bearer from a disbanded guild. He has a new group now, so he had some trouble fishing out the information I asked him to collect.