What are the odds?

“JAYDEN THE PHONE!!!!” I screamed through the house. He’s probably asleep the lazy ass.

“JAYDEN!!” Jesus where is he? I cant answere the phone! I don’t know where all the buttons are.

The phone kept ringing. Ok ok im coming. I walked towards the sound of the phone. Where the hell is it? why cant it just ring out? Ok the sound is coming from…The laundy. Why is it in the laundry? Ahh shit the doors closed. That’s gonna leave a mark on my face. Ok follow the sound. This had better be important! Got it! now, top button on the left…

“Hello?” I puffed. That was a mission.

“Jezz? What are you doing answering the phone?” She sounded surprised

“Hello to you too Leilani. Jaydens asleep. And im not incompetent, just limited.”I’m a little annoyed that she thinks I can’t answer the freakin phone, but yeah. She has a point.

“Ha sorry Jezzy. How are you?” I’ve missed her voice. I havn’t seen her in ages.

“You know, same ol’ same ol’” I joked.

“What are you doing tomorrow? I was thinking that you and Jayden might want to come to the beach with some of my friends”

“Umm yeah I think we can come. Mums taking Alex to a party early tomorrow.” Yes!!!! I love the beach! I love the smell of the salt and the feel of the sand when I walk on it!

“Ok cool. I’ll pick you guys up at about 11?”

“Yeah that’s sound good. Thanks Larns”

“Ok I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye”

“Bye” Wow. That was the quickest talk we’ve ever had. She must be in a hurry.

I took the phone back to is chager, then walked around the house to turn off all the lights. I can’t tell if its dark or not so what the hell. Finding all the light switches was a mission but I eventually got it done. I went upstairs into my room and found my phone. The only reason I have a phone is so people can call me. It took me about two months to learn where everything was. Even now after 6 months I still stuff everything up on it. And I hate having a phone anyway. Theres no point. I asked Siri what the time was.

 Six o’clock. To early for bed. I walked to the bathroom and found my way to the shower.

"Jezz…..Jezz” I heard Leilani’s soft voice in my ear.

“Mmmm” I groaned and rolled over onto my back.

“Jezz. C’mon wake up” She said 11. Theres no way it could be 11 yet.

“What time is it?”

“9.15. C’mon get up” Whyyyy. This woman is always depriving me of my sleep.