twenty two

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Wooyoung was sort of dazed. His legs were walking him around the empty campus, yet he had no real destination in mind. The blustery winds sweeping past the school couldn't reach him through his thick coat, and his purple hair, which was quite washed out and brown now, flicked around in a crazy and windswept way.

His eyes tried to focus on one thing, but they couldn't. His mind was a mess of scattered thoughts, drifting through an endless loop and undecided on where to stay.

He wanted to see his best friend.
He wanted to speak with San.
He was scared to be alone.

As the sun became shrouded by the darkened clouds above, a shadow loomed over the tarmac. Wooyoung froze in place, hands buried in his coat pockets and senses on alert as the air immediately felt 'off'.

"Who's there?" He called weakly, lip catching between his his teeth and body slowly spinning in a circle to survey his surroundings. "San?" It was always the sneaky pureblood who showed up during moments like these, always in a position to jump him.

Yet an answer never came. Only the whispering trees provided a sound as the teen clamped his mouth shut and decided it was time to go.

He picked up his pace all of a sudden, almost breaking into a jog before a tall figure dropped from supposedly nowhere, landing straight in front of him and eliciting a screech from the shorter.

Wooyoung fell backwards, landing on his hands and breathing far too heavily. He blinked back the blurriness that had formed in his eyes, staring up at the arrival and inwardly screaming.

"My, my," the ravenette hummed dangerously, dressed in a long trench coat left open, casual black jeans and a navy button up underneath. He appeared to have been going somewhere, Wooyoung assumed. "What's the little princess doing out here? Alone?"

"It's.....It's none of your business, Yunho...." he squeaked, wishing like hell he'd sounded tougher. His fingers trembled as he attempted to stand up, only to be pushed back down by the devious vampire.

"Mmm, maybe not. I'll have to protect you at some stage, though. I don't want to, so getting rid of you would be more convenient."

Wooyoung scowled, "Is that what you four do? Look out for me? I doubt that, and I doubt San would even bother asking you to-"

"For god's sake, you have no fucking idea how holed up on you he is, do you? It's one thing looking after our friend and master, but a whole other problem when he asks us to treat you the same. You're just a human."

"You were a human once, too!"

"And it was shit!" Yunho hissed, eyes starting to glow from lack of control and black hair brushing over his eyes and off his face regularly from the wind. "I'm waiting for him to bite you too, y'know? You can't honestly believe he'll spare you, can you?"

What does he mean 'spare me'. If I don't want to be a bloody vampire, then I don't have to become a vampire! "Of all the things I expect from your kind, and all the hell you bring to humans like me, at least San isn't like that. He may think our species is weak and pathetic, but at least he's giving us options!"

Yunho arched his brow, crouching down to be level with the boy and smiling snidely, "I wish I had filmed this. Jung Wooyoung is defending Choi San. I thought you hated him."

"I-I do! But I can see a silver lining to the black being that he is. But you don't have one. You're just horrible."

The irritation welling up inside the mixedblood had a spilling point, just like any other emotion. The older stared blankly at Wooyoung for a brief moment, wondering how the hell a pureblood dealt with a little shit like him. Then, quickly detaching himself from his humanity like he always did, he reached out and tightly gripped the younger's throat.

"You're a piece of work, you know that?!" He seethed, pressing his fingers down tighter and tighter on the teen's jugular and smiling as Wooyoung's beautiful face started to turn red.

He gasped for air, clawing the taller's hand like the scratches would make a spot of difference. His eyes stung with tears and pain, shifting from the psychopath attempting to kill him to the cloudy sky once again. A lone crow flew overhead, as soundless as his weak cries for help.

Everything began to meld together, the colours that were once defining the planet now smudged like wet paint. Tears gently escaped his fluttering eyes, everything threatening to shut down.

Need air. Need air. NEED AIR! He wailed internally, his red cheeks becoming a dangerous purple the longer his lungs were denied oxygen.

"I wonder how much longer it'll take before your airways are crushed, and maybe even your lungs fill up with fluid?" Yunho whispered with sick amusement, leaning in closer to admire the horrible picture he was painting.

Wooyoung started to black out and the random sounds around him pitched out into a high whistle.

"I never liked you," the ravenette hummed, nails coming out and drawing blood from along his neck. "And I don't like that San likes you the most."

─────── • ❥ • ───────