Sweet Nothings

He took me across the ballroom.

Jason:"Here"

He stopped and smiled at me proudly. We stood by a large curtain. I chuckled at his cockiness.

Me:"Here what?"

My question was answered as a soft breeze moved the curtain. Jason slowly opened the curtain large enough for me to slip out, and so I did, he followed along. I smiled wide at the beautiful scenery of the balcony view. Lights twinkled on the rails, and the rose buds slept slightly in the garden underneath. The warm wind blew again making me close my eyes and sway my head and hips in bliss and appreciation. I felt arms wrap around me from behind. Knowing it was Jason I didn't mind. I looked up at the cloudless sky.

Stars flashed their bright skin as the full moon light the midnight sky & put twinkles in my eyes. The trees applauded to the dancing wing as it faded away.

Me:"This is so beautiful, I love it. You really are the best. "

He continued to hold me, and began burying his head in my neck. I giggled as his breath tickled my neck causing me to shudder in pleasure. He buried his head deeper and held me closer. His hair touched my shoulder. His dirty blonde hair was.......(WHAT?!?! Dirty blonde)

I quickly broke out of his hold. Cornelius looked at me all as much surprised as I looked at him.

Me:" What are you doing?!"
I stuttered out.

Me:"I...I...I mean your Jason where?"

Cornelius: "what?"

Me:" where's Jason? I thought you were him"

His face turned from confused to disappointed and badly hurt.

Me:"no, it's not like that"
I tried to explain.

Me:"Jason led me out here so I just assumed that he was the one who hugged me."

Cornelius face brightened up again as he chuckled.

Cornelius:"I'm sorry. One of the maids said you were waiting out here for me, and when I saw you I couldn't help myself."

I sighed in relief.
Me:"no need to apologize"

Cornelius walked passed me and to the rail of the balcony.

Cornelius:"this view it's wonderful. Come let me show you. "
He leaned out one hand to me.

Me:"okay?"

I questionably took his hand and he drew me closer to him. We were chest to chest. I couldn't dare look into his eyes the mood was all to romantic. I would be too tempted to kiss him. He chuckled.

Cornelius:" look"

He slowly loosen his grip. I turned as held onto the balcony. I looked out to the garden below it look as enchanted as it did in the day time.

Cornelius:"Marilyn?"

I looked behind to see Cornelius with an arm full of white roses and the other with gifts and the most beautiful gem, jewels, and gowns Ive ever seen.

Cornelius:"Urmm I wasn't sure what to get you. So I just bought you everything I couldn't think of."

I smiled and slowly walked over to him. I carefully took the roses and gifts out of his arms and placed them on the floor.

Cornelius:"you don't like them?"
He asked worriedly. I giggled.

Me:"their wonderful but You didn't have to buy me anything. I don't want anything."

Cornelius:"But that's where your wrong."

I looked over to him only to be chest to chest with him again.

Cornelius:" your worth everything."
His voice was so gentile.

Me:" I'm not to be bought. I'm not something to be found in stores."

I tried to move away. The way he genuinely felt seemed to that over his voice and I was too caught up in the moment. He held me in his arms firmly.

Cornelius:"I know that! Your much more than that. Your beauty beyond looks, your smart beyond books. You light up the night sky with your presence! and I am forever overwhelmed and honor to hear you laugh. "

His voice was loud. But it was slow and waved his words like poetry. I couldn't help it. In the heat of the moment I did something fatal.
I looked up.

Oh lord his eye sparkled with the stars as he pierced into my eyes & soul. He held me so close. I could hear his heart beat. He leaned closer to my face.

Cornelius: " And I want you."

I leaned closer and shut my eyes hoping my lips will find his.

?: "Oh there you guys are?!?!

I quickly opened my eyes and pushed away. I looked at the curtain to see a very over happy Jason.

Jason:"what's going one here? He asked.

Cornelius was beat red with embarrassment. Maybe wondering if Jason had heard what he said.

Me:"nothing"
I lied. I calmly smiled and sighed.

Jason:"Great I need to show you something. "

Once again before I could answer I was already pulled away leaving Cornelius on the balcony.