Ch.1: Caring for a cat

Welp, that should be everything" Edd placed his hands on his hips as he checked over everything he had packed for his and Matt's camping trip. Closing the trunk of the car he turned to Tom. "You still sure you don't want to come with us?" "Yup. I'd prefer to just stay home" he had one hand in the pocket of his blue hoodie while the other held a flask. He was planning to enjoy some time to himself while they were gone.
"Alrighty then. Hey Matt, you ready to go?" "Yup!" He responded with enthusiasm.
The two of them hopped into the car and Edd rolled down the window. "We'll be gone for a few days, are you gonna be alright on your own?" He asked Tom. "I'll be fine, no need to worry" He replied in a somewhat irritated tone. "Oh, I almost forgot, I'm gonna need you to take care of Ringo" he fished something out of his pocket and and extended it towards Tom. "Here, that's the key to my apartment. Ringo gets fed twice a day, once at noon, once in the evening. And don't forget to clean his litter box" Tom grabbed the key from Edd with his free hand and put it away. "Kay, got it". Edd started the car and said goodbye to Tom before driving off. He watched as the car shrunk in the distance until it was no longer in sight, and then headed back inside.
The first thing he did when he was back in his apartment was plop down on the couch and watch TV. This lasted for a while, only getting up to use the bathroom or grab a bite to eat, and then sitting right back down. His trance was eventually broken when he glanced at the clock and realized that it was already the evening.
Remembering his responsibility he got up and headed to Edds apartment. Taking the key from his pocked he unlocked the door and entered. As he went in the cat walked up to him and rubbed against his leg. "Hey Ringo, what's up buddy?" The cat looked up at him expectantly. "Meow?" "Yeah I know, you're hungry. Don't worry I'm getting it" He leaned down and scratched Ringo's head before going to Edd's kitchen to get Ringo his food. He located a can of cat food, opened it up and dumped it into his food bowl. "There you go, dinner is served" The cat approached his bowl and began to mow down on his food, munching happily.

Once that was taken care of, he went into the living room and sat down on Edd's couch. When Ringo was finished with his food he came over to the couch and hopped up to sit with Tom. "Hey Ringo, you done already?" The feline gave a long stretch before going to curl up on Tom's lap. "It's just gonna be you and me for a few days, kay bud? Edd and Matt left for a camping trip and won't be back for a week" The feline didn't give a response. He just began purring as Tom stroked him slowly. It was going to be a long five days.