💖

Disclaimer: this will NOT guarantee you what you want, this is just advice based on my own experience as an author and reader :)

_____________________

👏 BE POLITE👏

 It goes a long way when you respect others on this writing platform (and all writing platforms). 

Each author takes time out of their lives so people can read what they want to write. Each reader takes time out of their lives to read what you produce. 

So it goes without saying that you should be polite to everyone (authors and other readers). 

You should NEVER criticize an author in a rude manner if they write something you don't like. There's always a reason why authors write something.

👏 DO NOT ASK AUTHORS TO UPDATE👏

If you're one of those people who say 'omg next update plzzzz', stop it. The creator will not be happy!

Yes, they're happy that you love their story, but don't stress them out. 

It's like reading something really good then a stupid ad comes up. Just don't do it. It is perfectly okay to say something like 'this is amazing! I love where this is going!' or something like that.

I cannot tell you how many times I have readers who comment those things after I just uploaded a series of chapters in one day.

👏BE RESPECTFUL TO EVERYONE IN THE COMMENTS👏

It doesn't look good on anyone if you shit on the author and/or other commentors.

If you don't agree with another commentor's opinion, then don't shit on them. Even if their comment is downright rude as fuck.

Which brings us to another topic. When commenting, don't be an asshole about a topic.

If you don't like the way something is being written, there's an exit button for a reason.

The author can see ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS, and your followers can see what you comment under 'activity'/'news'.

Personally, I hate it when people are rude to each other in comments.

OH, AND AUTHORS CAN DELETE YOUR COMMENTS AS WELL!

 👏ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER👏

As someone who loves to support uprising authors, this plays a major role.

It will literally make someone's day if you write something meaningful on their message board and be genuinely nice.

As I mentioned before, don't ask authors to update.

Simply putting your appreciation into a chapter's comments is all you need.

This is just me, but I get motivated when people comment on my stories. It means people are interested in what I have to write, and no doubt you probably feel the same way.

👏SUPPORT YOUR READERS👏

Even if you are a bIg aUthoR with over 1k followers (such as myself), always take interest in what your readers write (if they have published books).