Chapter 1

Marinette scribbled down notes as her robotics teacher lectured the small class. Pushing the brim of her glasses back up to the top of her nose, she copied the equations on the board. Pushing a little too hard on the pencil as she concentrated on the lesson, the pencil broke sending a small piece of lead across her paper.

She frantically searched her pockets for another graphite stick. Patting down her jacket Marinette was frustrated to find no spare pencil. Desperate not to fall behind, she turned to Max, her desk mate. "Do you have a spare pencil?"

Max broke away from the lesson to search his pencil pouch. "Sorry Marinette, I don't."

Sighing Marinette thought of another writing utensil. "Then do you have a pen-"

"MARINETTE!!" Mr. Billotte yelled across the room. He wasn't angry, Marinette could tell he was just being dramatic. Mr Billotte was a very eccentric man who many students agreed was off his rocker. "WHY must you INTERRUPT my CLASS?!"

Marinette coward as all eyes turned to her. "I-I was just looking for a pencil..." she said quietly but enough for Mr Billotte to hear.

He laughed to himself, an amused crooked smile crept onto his face as he tapped the top of his head as if he was someone pointing to their face to tell you food was on theirs. Marinette hesitantly brought her hand up and patted her head until it landed on something thin.

She pulled a pencil out of her messy bun and coward sheepishly as her face turned red. Then the bell rang freeing her from her humiliation and signaling the school day was over, but not for Marinette who had art club.

Oh Art club! She loved it so. Freedom to be whom ever she wanted and able to Express herself in a different form than other teens. But best of all Luka Couffaine was in Art club.

Packing up her books, Marinette grabbed her bag over her shoulder and sped out of the room. Weaving through the students in the crowded hall she sped walked down the stairs past the other kids. Kids who only wanted to get out of this prison, but Marinette wasn't like that she wanted to be in art club because today Marinette was gonna tell Luka how she felt.

She broke out of the crowd and swerved to an almost empty hall of classrooms. She managed to get all the way to the yellow door when she tripped. Marinette hit the ground hard, her forehead slamming against the tiled floor and the contents of her school bag scattering across the hall along with her glasses.

The other students around her just ignored Marinette and passed her as she picked herself up and began to retrieve her things. She could hardly see anything, the world was a blur but she could see a blob bend down next to her and started shoving her her things into her bag. Marinette patted the ground for her glasses.

"Calm down Marinette, I have your glasses." Said the blob in a smooth voice like butter. He sat down next to her and raised something to her face. He slid the spectacles onto her freckled nose and Marinette took a moment for her eyes to adjust.

The blob suddenly becoming clear revealed Luka Couffaine sitting in front of her, his hand resting gently on her cheek. Marinette's face grew ablaze, her eyes wide she uttered, "Spank you... NO NO. Yank tou..." Luka chuckled at the practically melting girl. "I mean, Thank You!!"

"You're funny Marinette..." Luka stood up offering the girl a hand. "Come on, let's not be late." Hesitantly Marinette took his hand and pulled herself up.

As they walked Marinette couldn't help but stare at him. His dyed blue hair, his crystal blue eyes, his soft layed back smile... He was so incredible...

Luka turned to face her chuckling as he reached his thumb up to Marinette's chin and wiped it before he leaned close to her and whispered, "You're drooling..." Marinette flushed as he turned away and they stopped in front of an open door. That's when Marinette realized they were still holding hands.