15.

amani my cousins

amani my cousins

TWO MONTHS LATER

August 28

Amani was with her mother in Brooklyn the two were shopping for baby things. She was feeling fine just as having small contractions nothing big.

"Goodnes?" Amani says while taking a breath.

"Baby you okay?" Her mother asked.

"I'm fine just having contractions they seem to be a little stronger now. I think I need to go to the hospital." She said.

"Sweetie you are in labor okay! Come on!" Her mother said in excitement.

Amani made her way to the car with her mother who drove her to the hospital.

**************

"Come mani just practice your breathing." Her mother said.

"Mama I'm not ready!" Amani says looking around.

"Amani listen to me your a strong woman you can do this remember I'm here. Clifford is on his way I've called him." Gloria says.

Amani nodded her head and continued her breathing.

"Ms. Scott it's time for you push." The doctor said.

Amani took a deep breath and pushed.

"Alright one more push for me." Dr. Dawson says.

Amani pushed once more until she heard her son's cries.

"It's a beautiful baby boy." Dr. Dawson said.

She watched as the nurses cleaned him up an handed him to her, she shushed his little cries that he had an stared at him looking at how cute he was.

"Nolan your so precious, your mommy and daddy love you so much." Amani says as she kissed his little nose.

"Did I mi-Dammit I missed it!" Clifford said trying to catch his breath.

"Shh..." Amani says while motioning for him to come over.

Clifford walked over and as soon as he saw his son his whole face lit up.