Epitome of Gloom

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events, and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story consists of grammatical and typographical errors. This also may include adult themes. Read at your own risk. 

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME

I've warned you √

__________________________________

I wonder if someone who once broke your trust feels remorse? Nagsisisi ba sila? Are they happy now? Or maybe they don't really intend to destroy the trust I've given them? After all, we have created priceless memories that we can keep in the afterlife, do they consider that? Iniisip ko lang kung ano ang nararamdaman ng mga taong sumira ng tiwala ko. 

"Emery!" 

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Funny how they turned me like this. Kahit ako ay hindi ko na makilala ang sarili ko. Hindi ako 'to, hindi ako ganito, but what can I do if I just want to protect myself? Is it wrong for me to put myself first this time?

People always, always give me the first impression that I'm a bitch, and I was aware of that dahil totoo naman. I would rather be a brat than be deceived again.

I roomed my eyes at my body through the mirror and turned around. I looked more intimidating in my black long sleeve bodycon dress paired with my black heels. To match the clothing, I made the decision to wear heavily of makeup and let my long, curly hair fall freely.

"Emery!"

Before I could turn my back on the mirror, someone slammed the door open, only to show Alistair with her stressed look. She's wearing a strapless red knee-length dress. Gorgeous but stressed.

"Emery! I swear! Konti nalang talaga iiwanan na kita!" Bungad niya.

I was about to say something but she reached my crystal minaudiere and she almost dragged me out of my condominium.

"We still have 30 minutes before the ramp, Alistair. Just chill-" Mula sa condo ko ay malapit lang ang venue na pupuntahan namin kaya hindi ako nababahala.

"Chill my ass," Someone please give my best friend a piece of patience.

"Sinabi ko ba na sunduin mo 'ko?" I asked and rolled my eyes. True enough! Napilitan lang siya na sunduin ako because ate Delanny say so.

"Salamat, ah." She said sarcastically.

We arrive at the venue at the exact time. Good thing, hindi masyadong traffic dahil balak pa ata akong ihulog ni Alistair kanina sa kotse. She really thinks we won't be able to watch ate Delanny's runaway, huh.

We head straight to our reserved seats, which are on the front row so we can see ate Delanny up close. There are already quite a few people since the event is about to start.

Flashes welcomed us as we sat and Ali started to blab. Mukha na siyang mag kakandidato dahil sa ginagawa niya, lahat kinakamayan at dinadaldal. 

Ngayon kasi ang fashion show ni ate Delanny at dahil kilala si ate Delanny bilang isa sa magagaling na modelo ay kailangan makipag plastikan ni Ali. Palaging ganyan ang nangyayari kapag nakikilala ng mga tao si Ali bilang nakababatang kapatid ni ate Delanny, kaliwa't kanan ang kamayan at kamustahan kaya minsan ay hinahayaan ko lang siya makipag plastikan. And knowing Ali, she hates crowds and talking to people who she didn't know. So, good luck to her.

Minutes passed and the event still hasn't started. Naisipan ko na mag restroom kaya nag paalam muna ako kay Ali. After I was done, I exited the cubicle and stood in front of the mirror to touch up my makeup and hair. 

Two girls entered na akala mo ay kiniliti sa sobrang pagmamadali na dagdagan pa ang kanilang kolorete.

"I would've chosen a better outfit if I had known that I could meet a lovely man here!" Sabi ng isang babae habang dinadagdagan ang kulay ng kanyang labi.

Pagkatapos kong i-retouch ang mukha ko ay inayos ko naman ang buhok ko not minding the two girls beside me because obviously, they're fangirling over someone.

"May babae siyang kasama, probably he's girlfriend or his-" 

Hindi na ko nakinig pa sa pinag-uusapan nila at lumabas na lang nang makuntento sa ayos ko. Ganoon nalang ang pagtataka ko kung bakit nag kukumpulan ang mga tao sa tapat ng inuupuan namin. I returned to the chair where I had been seated earlier and looked at Alistair to ask but her mouth was open.

She's not even freaking blinking!

"Hoy! Anong meron?" Wala ata siyang balak na pansinin ako kaya I snapped my fingers in front of her. And thank God she finally turned to face me but I was even more surprised when she suddenly grabbed her purse and my hands.

"C-Come on. Let's get out of here." She was pulling me to come with her but I remained standing.

"What? Hindi pa nga nagsisimula ang event!" I can't understand why we're leaving so quickly. We haven't even seen ate Delanny yet!

"Basta! Umuwi na lang tayo!" She continued to pull me while restlessly glancing behind me.

"Are you insane? Umuwi ka! I'm staying here!" Akmang uupo ako pero hinila niya ulit ako. Sa sobrang inis ko ay tiningnan ko na kung anong tinitingnan niya.

"Bakit ba-" My lips parted and I was so stunned to move because of what I saw.

Tall and imposing, there I saw him after years. I no longer have to fool myself because I know it's him. The man I once loved standing with a woman just in front of where we were standing. Hindi ko makita ang mukha ng babae dahil nakaharang ang mga nag i-interview. Tanging ulo lang ng babae ang nakikita ko.

I could feel the aura surrounding him. 

He was just looking so seriously in front as the woman leaned over him. He shows a sense of disinterest and indifferent vibe toward other people. He rarely displays overt emotions as the man in front is talking to him. 

Just a few meters away from him, binaling ko ang mga mata ko sa mata niya. I could feel that his eyes had changed. He changed.

His piercing gaze seemed so cold. Looking at his eyes, hindi ko na siya makilala. Ibang-iba sa dating nakilala ko.

My eyes were fixed on his body. If anything has changed in him, that includes his physique. The build of his body is perfectly fitted in his white button-down and black slacks. Compared to then, he is taller and he looks more mature now. 

Funny how I am describing him right now. Wow, Emery! Parang hindi niloko, ah?

Pero bakit? After years, bakit kailangan namin magtagpo? Yes! I am so fucking over him but the betrayal is so strong that it could still penetrate me. It could still wreck me inside at nakakapagod na. Nakakapagod masaktan sa isang bangungot na hindi ko matakasan.

"Tara na! You don't need to-" 

My sanity returned when I saw the face of the woman with him. Hindi ko na narinig ang mga sermon ni Alistair because of memories that suddenly started to flood back. Back to how I loved, how I experienced being a happy woman, and back to how they deceived me and broke my trust. That's the biggest mistake I've made in my whole life. 

To trust them.

________________________________

Hi! Please be advised that this chapter (also the subsequent chapters) have not been edited. I apologize if you find any grammatical or typographical problems. Will revise this once I finish all the chapters of the story. 

Thank you in advance for reading! <3