Chapter 2: Refusal

Blazewhisker's POV:

"Blazewhisker," Fern pleaded.

"Leave me alone,"

"Blazewhisker..."

"Leave me alone!" I turned around to her. "What part of 'leave me alone' do you not understand?!"

"For StarClan's sa---"

"StarClan!? That's what dragged us into this! I don't want you to say that name ever again!" I then turned to everyone else. "All of you!"

Then I turned and let Fern speak. "But Blazewhisker... I think your going a bit too far."

"Acorn," I turned to the reddish tom. "Go and take Stone with you and guard our territory. Don't even let a single clan cat get in!"

"But---"

"Shut up!" I yelled so loud at Fern that it sounds like the birds stopped singing. I immediately paced over to my den, everyone staring at me with horror. I showed them my bad side. All of it. But all of this needs to stop. I sat cuddled in my nest and shed a tear. 

"Blazewhisker, if there's something you want to talk about, I'm all on ears for you." Fern mewed as she finally padded into the den.

"Look, Fern, I apologize for shutting you up earlier, I didn't really mean it."

"I know, I just want to know what's got you going mad, that's all."

I cuddled in deeper into my nest. "You know what happened, and she's dead now, and it's all ThunderClan's fault! Grayheart's too!"

"How is this associated with them?!"

"ThunderClan didn't help her while she's in trouble, and neither did Grayheart."

"ThunderClan didn't know that she was in danger."

"Also, Grayheart wasn't fast enough into saving her!"

"And neither were you! You can't just keep blaming others for something that you weren't able to do yourself. Grayheart was still in ThunderClan's camp heartbeats before it started. In fact, none of you could've saved her. You could've ended up dying and she would be the one upset her entire life. You'll probably die because that cat was twice your size and has double the claw length! For StarClan's sake, at least be thankful that she's happy in StarClan and not suffering in this life anymore! Yes, StarClan! I said it! Are you going to get me in trouble or something now?! I'm sure Honeysap wants you to be happy and not suffer hatred your entire StarClan-forbid life!"

"I--... Nevermind..." I never believed in StarClan and never will. What's the point in believing in ghostly cats who appear in dreams? But Fern has a point, even if she had to lash out at me like that to get me to understand that. For a second there I felt a warm strange breeze beside me even if it wasn't windy today. Honeysap... I breathed in her scent around me. She's still there... But no! StarClan isn't real! Or is it? "I'm going to rest. See you later then, Fern."

"See you." And then she padded out of the den. I never heard anyone else say that as beautifully as Honeysap once did.