confession

uh..hi! I'm- the author- (obviously tf I-) but uh... I really hope you enjoy this?? I'm in love with these two and their dynamic warms up my soul.. so I thought to write these. Hope you enjoy!

—————————————————————

Ishimaru fidgeted looking at the note he wrote and then at the small locker that had the number '209', Mondo Owada, that was the owner of the locker 209. All he had to do was slip the note into his locker and leave. But... was it really that easy...?
.
.
Mondo sat up immediately when the bell rang, Eager to see if his favorite hall monitor was near by. It was sort of the only reason he was still going to the school. He heard a friend near him laugh,

"so eager to see your boyfriend aren't ya?" Leon teased. Mondo's face turned a bit pink to the sound of the label boyfriend even if they weren't even dating.

"..shut up." he dashed out to see the dark haired hall monitor. His face immediately lit up as to then see the small note, folded with a heart on it. His heart fell out of his chest. Does...Taka like someone?
.
.
.
Was this jealousy? Pity? Anger? He couldn't tell. But it wasn't the best feeling he's had. Mondo clutched his fist to his heart as he walked up to the other, giving a fake smile as he went to him.

"Hey bro!!" He acted as if he didn't see the note yet, putting his hands to the others shoulders, giving taka a small fright.
.
.
.
Ishimaru jumped as he looked to see the person behind him, and lucky for him, it was not only but Mondo Owada himself!

"what you got there Taka?"
The brown-haired questioned pointing to the small folded note. Taka gulped as he smiled to mondo, "just uh... this- essay I was re reading! Just.. spellchecking!!"
.
.
.
It wasn't typical for Ishimaru to lie, but he thought it would be necessary. He felt like if he said the actual reason he'd be disgusted and spread rumors. (Which he wouldn't. But Taka didn't know that.) But for mondo, it made him quite jealous and confused. Why would he lie to his bro?? I mean.. he couldn't say much. He's done it before to cover his feelings. But this is different!! It's not for the same reason!! (Or as what Mondo thinks—)

"ah uh.. okay. want me to help you?" He asked. Trying to see what his reaction was just to make sure he wasn't lying, which he was pretty sure he was. Ishimaru was never a good liar. Taka froze up to then smile awkward waving his hands.

"I—It's okay!! Ah.. class is starting soon! We better.. head to it!" Taka changed the subject as he ran past Mondo, making Mondo even more in rage.
.
.
.
It was now lunch. And Mondo could not focus on anything at all. Which Leon and a couple of his other friends, along with Chihiro asking if he's alright, mondo never looked so.. in thought. But he couldn't help but think of all sorts of scenarios. Why couldn't he be happy for Ishimaru?? He couldn't. Imagining him happy with a girl and smiling and laughing with him made him instantly jealous. But he had to figure out who it was for. Even if it was the last thing he did.
.
.
.
Ishimaru walks back and forth in the classroom talking to Makoto about the situation.

"I mean I don't know— did he know it was his locker?? You said he looked... grossed out at first right?" The brown-haired questioned.

"I mean— maybe?? he was just- looking at me... and he looked sort of- grossed out..." Taka responded.

"Hm.. well maybe he wasn't? It doesn't add up. Maybe he was jealous? But it sounds very unlikely.. especially for him." Naegi added.

"Do you think I should just tell him to meet me at the cherry tree after school?" Naegi nodded immediately making Taka sigh.
.
.
.
Mondo kicked the floor as he walked his way to his locker, seeing a note fly from it as he caught it. 'Meet me at the cherry tree after school, I have something to tell you. <3' Mondo seemed a bit taken back, it looked a bit similar to that note Taka had in his hand earlier. But the handwriting was really off compared to how his favorite hall monitor writes.

"..probably some prank. " he thought, but he still decided to go in curiosity.
.
.
.
Ishimaru froze as he heard footsteps come to the tree. "Taka..? What did you have to tell me?" Mondo's cheeks got a small bit of pink as he realized it was him.

"I.. uhm... I'm just- going to come out and say it. So... here it goes.." Taka inhaled as he bowed down shouting "I LIKE YOU MONDO !" Mondo seemed very taken back, but his face turned to a dark red.
.
.
.
"I... like you too Taka. A lot actually..." Mondo put his hands behind his neck, as he smiled in both embarrassment and excitement. Taka looked up immediately, with his face fully pink "really?!"
Mondo smiled as he lifted ishimaru's chin and kissed his lips gently.
"Definitely."
.
.
.