Forgiveness.

tic tic tic

You fidgeted around, your fingers tapping the dining room table. You looked up at the clock that was on the wall, ticking away and you gulped.

Sicheng was almost home and you were terrified.

Terrified because you had snuck out earlier.

Though he was gone for work the whole day, you could've sworn that you saw him while you were out and all you could do was pray that it wasn't him or that if it was him, that he didn't see you.

It wasn't like as if you were trying to run away.

It was just that being in this house at all times drove you stir crazy.

You had no companion when Sicheng was gone. He wouldn't even let you on the internet when he was gone, fearing that you may search for help.

You weren't really rebellious against him. In fact, when he started showing you this more possessive side of him, you didn't question it much.

You didn't fight him when he started making sly remarks about your friends, telling you you should stop hanging out with them.

You didn't argue when he told you to quit your job because he wanted to take care of you.

And on that fateful day when he told you you weren't leaving the house ever again, it was already too late.

You were deeply in love with Sicheng and though you longed for freedom, you never broke any rules because you always wanted to see him happy.

You always put his happiness first.

But this time, you broke a rule.

You left the house and you felt a weight in your stomach.

You have never seen Sicheng angry before and if he indeed seen you, you had no idea what he would do to you.

He would always praise you for your obedience, giving you gifts and kissing you softly for listening.

But now, if he found out that you went out, he'll be mad... You just wanted to disappear.

Before you could think more about the situation you were in, you heard the door open.

You looked back, a tired smile on your lips.

"Hi Sicheng. How was your day?"

Sicheng took off his shoes and loosened his tie. He walked to the dinning room table and sat down across from you, running a hand through his hair, his handsome face twisted in a grimace.

"It was just the usual you know." he started. "But something weird happened today."

You furrowed your brows.

"Really? What was it?"

He licked his lips, his eyes never leaving you which made you a tad bit nervous.

"When me and Yuta went out on break, I could've sworn I seen someone who looked just like you."

You gulped.

"Oh. Really?" you replied, trying your best to sound shock.

So it really was him that you saw.

"Yeah... They looked exactly like you. Walked like you too." he said tilting his head, his brown eyes staring down at you intensely, an angry look on his face.

He leaned forward, clasping his hands together on top of the table.

"I'm gonna ask you a question and you better be honest. Did you leave this house?" he asked and you quickly shook your head.

"N-no." you silently cursed at yourself stuttering.

Sicheng slammed his hands on the table, quickly standing up, causing the chair he was sitting on to fall down.

You jumped at his quick action.

"Don't lie to me!" he yelled walking towards you.

He bent down to meet your eye level, grabbing your chin tightly, forcing you to look at him.

"Why did you leave? You know you're not suppose to leave."

You blinked rapidly as you felt tears form in your eyes.

"I-I-I just wanted t-to go outside."

"So this sinful world can taint you? Are you stupid?" he said lowly and you couldn't help it as you began crying.

"I'm sorry Sicheng. I'm sorry. I won't ever leave again. I promise." you said.

Honestly, you were so afraid of the look in his eyes that you just quickly broke.

Sicheng sighed.

"It's alright 兔子(bunny). It's alright. Don't cry." he cooed at you, squatting down lower to grab you into a hug. "You just made a little mistake is all." he pulled back, one of his hands rubbing your thigh.

"I won't punish you this time since this is your first time disobeying me." he said, his eyes soft.

"But next time, 心肝 (XĪNGĀN)" you felt him tightly squeeze your thigh. "I won't be so forgiving."