Chapter III: New Performers

Dick's POV:

My younger brothers and I stand in front of the Haly's Circus members. Each one of us wearing a designed domino mask and colorful clothes to hide our identities. Haly C.C., the head of the circus, had called everyone in the Main Tent to introduce us to be part time working for the circus. There are about 20 to 25 members of the circus that circles around us. Some of the members I could remember from when I was younger. A big smile plaster on my face as I remember my good old days of being young with them. The crowd start murmuring with each other as they wait for the announcement.

Haly stops the noisy crowd as he raises his hands and starts introducing us, "All right everyone, settle down! We have a group of boys that are volunteering to help us tonight. Since we been having casualt...complications. Our show won't be able to show off..."

"We can't have new members right now, when something horrendous has been happening to us!" one of the circus members, one of the mustache and goatee twin that I saw earlier, cuts in and says what some of the members are thinking. The crowd mumbles again in agreement and concern.

"We can't trust in anyone right now with all the accidents and events occurring round us!" the other mustache and goatee twin adds.

I step up and give my speech, "I am Richard Grayson, one of the children that was born and raised in this circus. Haly's Circus is one of my home and family, that is why I want to help. I understand that you have been experiencing unfortunate events, but we always say that: 'The show must go on'. My friends and I are here to give helping hands and to see what is happening to the circus. Please let us help! Let us end these losses and show how great the Haly's Circus really is!"

My speech seemed to have bought everyone's attention as all eyes are on me, and I take off my mask to show them that I was telling the truth. Silence surrounds the tent as I awkwardly smile waiting to be shout on. Suddenly, someone claps behind me, breaking the heavy silence with applause. Others follow along as the first person, a little kid – my Lil'D – applauds my speech and some people in the crowd starts to cheer my name and whistle.

Haly takes over and didn't waste time as he starts assigning me and my brothers for our role in the circus. The other members had to go back to work as night is about to come and that is when the Main Tent shows its full performance. My past family, who knew me as a kid, could only wave at me with happiness in their faces as I came back home. They had to leave immediately to set the circus at the ready.

My brothers and I face Haly as he talks to us, "I didn't get your boys' names. What should I call each one of you?"

"Red! I called it!" Jay immediately blurts out taking everyone by surprise that we all look at him, "You suckers got owned."

Timmy sighs in defeat as his favorite color gets taken, "Well, if were doing colors. Then I'll go with Yellow."

"Green," Dami says as he stands beside me waiting for my order. My cute little brother hasn't left my side since I invited them to help me in my mission. It is so cute when he's overprotective of me at his age and height. I look at him and smile from the sweetness I'm receiving.

"Well this is funny," I giggle as the colors they've chosen corresponds with their nightly uniform and just to go with the flow, "I'll go with Blue then."

"Alright!" Haly claps his hands to rush and assign us our position, "Red, you'll be cleaning..."

"Sorry, Haly," I interrupt, "I want us in the front line if we are going after the criminals."