You Again | 03

Aria Russo

After running some oil through my tangled locks, I fluffed up my curls before switching the bathroom lights on and turning the shower on before heading into my bedroom. My gaze immediately landed on the large window opposite to me. I cracked a smile as a sigh escaped my lips when I noticed how bright and colorful outside was.

Beginning to strip my off my pajamas preparing to hop in the shower I thought back to the brief conversation Matteo and I had a few nights ago after that strange incident.

4 nights ago

"Start talking" Aria began the conversation with little to no room for backing out. Matteo plopped onto the couch opposite of her with outstretched arms and legs letting out a long overdrawn groan.

"Man you really aren't letting this go. Isn't being violent with me enough."  He said while rubbing his eyes.

Aria continued to stare at him with a blank face and silence taking place as her answer. Being mindful of her facial expression Matteo decided to tell her the partial truth.

"Well I don't want you to hate or resent me, but unfortunately there is a lot I can't explain to you yet. Including my job and part of my life, but believe me when I tell you that what happened today was never my intention nor was it some hidden plan I was aware of. The last thing I would want to do is hurt you. You're like an annoying little sister to me. There are certain rules and protocols I must follow—trust me I wouldn't have left if I knew you were going to be in serious danger." He stated everything with a straight face seeming heartfelt enough. So much so that Aria had no choice but to believe him for now since he's normally not the type of person to take anything serious.

"I know it may not be much and it's not everything you're looking for in an answer, but one day I promise I'll tell you more." He reached out pointing his pinky finger in the air and outreached it towards Aria. Being conflicted at first. She reluctantly connected their fingers together and agreed. While fighting a smile that wanted to appear at his childish antic.

"If you don't I'll be sure to aim lower next time." Aria joked.

"Well now that's out of the way time to tell you about this party happening Friday and I'm dragging you along with me." Matteo exclaimed.

Present time

Trying to not think too much about it again I rushed over to throw on a quick outfit for now since the party isn't till much later this evening. Just as I was getting ready to put my shorts on I hear my phone ring. I hop over to answer it without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?"

"Aria?!", My baby brothers voice boomed through the phone my heart swell and instantly prompting me to began cheesing.

"How is my baby brother doing?", I beamed

I subconsciously began to think about all our memories together, just as quickly as they came rushing in I shook my head to clear my thoughts away as I really didn't want to get any more emotional than I already was.

"I miss you Aria. Why haven't you called me yet?" He questioned and I couldn't help but chuckle because I could just imagine the frown he would be wearing right now.

"I'm so sorry Vic. Ive just been so busy settling in that I haven't had time", I delivered the semi lie, before deciding to quickly change the subject, "How is school going? Everything alright at home?", I asked as I shrugged my pants fully on and headed over to my jewelry box.