Prologue

Once upon a time, in the kingdom of Maldonia, there was a king, queen, and a 7-year old prince that lived in a kingdom in the forest. They all loved each other very much, but they longed for something more, a sibling for the prince to play with. Their wish was granted and a daughter was born. They named her Artemis, after the Greek Goddess of the Hunt. A few months passed and the little girl was loved by all the royal family and their kingdom, the news of her birth spread to the kingdom of Dragonia where that king and queen just had a son about a year ago. Through a series of letters the kingdoms agreed that their children would marry and unite the kingdoms when the princess turned 18. When this news was announed everyone was happy, except the king of Maldonia's hateful brother, Richard. He wanted the throne for himself and would do anything to get it. So one night, he snuck into the royal nursery, kidnapped the princess, and sailed away to the land of Genovia. It was there that he left the princess in a basket on someone's porch with a note saying "please take care of my daughter Artemis." And then he was gone and the princess was taken into the care of some farmers without hesitation. And that is where our story begins.