A.k.a Love

Sometimes you get that feeling that you’re on top of the world. You get the feeling of happiness, excitment and contentment. Words cannot simply explain what you are feeling. Your heart beats rapidly when you are with this certain person. You feel your body getting jittery. You start to clench your hands and get nervous. When this person finally talks to you, you can’t help, but smile awkwardly. As this person smiles back, your heart wants to burst because of extreme emotions. Her beautiful laugh gives a different type of warmt. When the conversation ends, you lose all the emotions and feelings you’ve felt. You somewhat feel sad that she’s gonna be gone.

An hour or so talking to her, feels like a minute. When she goes, you accidentally hold her hand and stop her from leaving. She looks back and you get to stare at each other. A minute of silence with you looking directly into her eyes. In a soft voice, you tell her not to go. She smiles and you feel your heart beat once again. She gives you a tight hug and says that she will stay. You feel your body getting cold as you hug her back. You wonder if the feeling is even mutual. Is there even something on going on between the two of you?

Two friends of different genders and of the same age. She lets go of you and your bodies slowly separate. The hug felt like it happened in a second. You sit in the corner. She sits beside you. She begins to talk you once again. You listen to every word she says, but all in your mind is her. Her distinct beauty, that tantalizing smile showing of her pearly white teeth and those beautiful eyes that glare a hint of hazel as the light touch them.

All of her feautures, mesmerise you. You keep all your feelings within yourself. You don’t say a word. You just listen to what she says. You ask her if she is parched, offering her a drink you’ve taken from your bag. When the day ends, you decide to walk her home, ensuring her safety.

As the two of you arrive at her place, she leaves a kiss on your cheek and waves goodbye. Suddenly, you freeze and smile at her once again. You walk home and have happy thoughts on the way. All that’s in you is nothing, but happiness. The feeling you get when you’re into someone. The bursting of different feelings and emotions within. The feeling you get of extreme affection. The feeling we all know as love.