Pet Peeves

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.
______________________________________________
It was just an ordinary weekend as the adviser to the Mewni royal couples. He had papers to see through, fresh ideas to share concerning the portal borders and security for those who pass through. He had his books on the table, a cup of pens, a warm coffee to keep him up and a bored woman on his lap.

"H-poo," he called out to her in a warning tone, but she merely hummed in response. She had been snuggling and enjoying the fruit-scented beard he had, playing with his beard in boredom, and now it was annoying him from doing his work. He loves her. He does! But the horned goddess took it for granted as she played and tugged on the hair of his beard. It was the equivalent of having someone poking your cheek for attention.

"Hekapoo, no." He tried to pull her off from his lap, but she whined and held on to his shirt. It filled her golden eyes with mock innocence. "What? All I did was having fun."

"Yes, with my beard." He scoffed, but she shrugged him off with a grin. Her strength as a pure made magical was a thousand times stronger than him even with the years of built-in muscles. She could do more than just pushing the arms back to snuggle under his chin. But that strength was for pulling on a strand and curling it a bit using her fire magic. "Not my problem, muscles."

He should have remembered this. The main reason he shaved in those 16 years hunting Hekapoo down. The Great Master of Dimensions loves his beard.

However, now that they are official, he had little power to do anything. Hekapoo had always been a hand on kind of woman, and his beard would be that one thing to stop her from doing extra work.

However, the constant tugging was getting on his nerves. Marco pushed her back and held onto her wrists. "H-poo. Stop."

"Nope." She grins, snuggling into the crook of his neck and shoulder. But Marco kept his hands on her, glaring down at those mischievous fiery eyes.

"If you keep on doing that, I'm shaving." His glaring eyes gave her a warning look, and it only took minutes before Hekapoo realised he was serious.

"No," she whined, letting herself hug him close. Now that she was not under his chin, he thought it was safe to assume that Hekapoo had caught up with his warnings... until he felt a tugging on the hair below his ear.

"All right, where's that shaver?" He tried to stand up straight despite Hekapoo in his lap. Unfortunately, he stood up halfway only to have Hekapoo's plump body and heavier weight push him back into the chair. On reflex, he held her with one arm and another on the table. Luckily, it kept them from falling.

"Hekapoo!" He scolded her loudly, and she shrunk down at his loud voice that hurt her ear.

"I wasn't playing!" She defended herself. Marco sighed, "H-poo,"

"I just snuggled." She childishly added. "You just did that to annoy me, didn't you?"

"I like you vexed." She grinned.

"But you hate me angry, hm?"

"But don't you love me?"

"Yes, I do."

"Have you ever heard about the saying of a happy wife gives you a happy life?" He fell silent, not wanting to answer her dirty question. However, Hekapoo appreciated his silence as a victory.

"In that case, you'll allow me to be on your lap and let me do what I want." she daydreamed, tugging on another strand.

"You're horrible."

"But you'll still worship me." She pointed out and kissed his cheek, heating his face with a blush. She giggled softly at his reaction and went back to play with his silky beard and thinking of many styles she could make.

"Ow!" her tugging went harsher as she plucks a strand. Marco glared down at her as he rubbed on the part that hurt.

"Whoops," she giggled, no sign of guilt on her face. Marco sighed, gave up on resisting her. Marco could only hope that he will develop patience after work.

A few hours after filling in the first batch of papers, Marco heard a soft snore under him and realised there was no more tugging on his beard. Just a soft faint snore. Looking down, he found Hekapoo tuckered out and curled up in his arms like a tiny red-haired, horned marshmallow.

He could merely smile at this vulnerable side of hers and gave a tender kiss on her temple. He gradually pushed the chair back and carried her to their bedroom for her to rest accordingly. With her on the bed, Marco straightened his limbs. A full day of working and dealing with her pregnant antics despite already coddling her tire him.

But a nagging thought came into mind to prompt him he has worked. But after a glance at Hekapoo, he could feel her exhaustion. Before he grasped the situation, they had ended up in bed as he pulled on the covers. Within minutes, both slept soundly.