February 12, 1952

\I watched as my father lifted the rest of our belongings into his truck old white truck while my mother leaned against it and lit up her smoke with a small stretched up lighter.

"Mom?" I got no response other than Silence and the sound of her inhaling the smoke.

"Mama??" There was nothing but an annoyed and a puff sigh as my mother looked down at me in annoyance, cigarette in hand.

"What is it now (Y/N)?" I fiddled with my fingers at my mother's annoyed tone that gad grown worse.

"Can I go say goodbye to the Hewitts one last time?..." My Mother sighed again as she lifted her arm as a go-ahead as she made a shoo motion at me.

I thanked her quietly* and quickly walked down the old town dirt road for a few minutes until I came upon the Hewitt property. The large house stood there as the wind blew slightly. I ran to the old creaky porch and the door and gave it a few light knocks. It opened to reveal Luda Mae, who smiled as her eyes landed on me.

"Morin' Luda Mae. I just wanted to come by and say goodbye to y'all one last time before my parents leave."

"Ahhh, Well come on in the baby." I nodded and as she opened the door wider for me to follow her in the house and as we stepped in she started talking

"I'm sorry Charlie ain't here anymore, but you know how it is with the war and all...he's gonna be gone for a while.." She chuckled.

"I understand ma'am, just tell him I said goodbye and that I miss him when he gets back from !" She smiled again and brought me to the den where Monty and Thomas were sitting.

Monty started up at me with his signature frown as Thomas quickly jumped up at the sight of me and ran over hugging me tightly.

"Hi, Tommy..." I hugged him back and sighed as He slowly and hesitantly let go of me and looked to Monty who walked up to us. with his arms behind his back.

"I just came to say goodbye to y'all." Monty sternly patted me on the back as Thomas just looked down sadly to the ground as he started to fidget with his hands.

"We're gon' miss you kiddo, especially Tommy here.....Especially since I think our boy has a little crush on you"Monty teased causing Tommy to look up and frantically shook his head and hands at Monty, Monty let out a small chuckle as I laughed a bit, but then I remembered this is the last time ill be laughing like this with them.

"I'm gonna miss all of you too..." Luda looked down at me and then at Tommy.

"If you've got a minute why don't you and Tommy go play outside for a bit." She chimed softly as she patted our heads, Tommy made let out an excited sounding squeal as I replied

"Yes ma'am." Thomas grabbed my hand excitedly and lead me outside to the yard to his family's yard.

Thomas leads out to a small spot of dried grass, he sat down and pulled me with, I sighed out a bit as I leaned on his shoulder. Everything felt at peace for a moment.

"you know, I really don't wanna move... It's all because this stupid economical thingy my dad told me about.....and some weird neighbors" Thomas squeezed my hand reassuringly before he quickly let it go jumping up in the process... I furrowed my brows as I looked to see the cause of Tommy's jumpiness and of course, I laid my eyes on my angry father as he stormed and stomped his over to us, slamming the small fence behind him and crushing the slightly dried grass under his feet

"Where the hell you been (Y/N) (M/N), ?!" I quickly got up as Thomas held my hand again. "Your mother and I were looking all over the damn house for you!"