Chapter Seven: Uneasy

"And here we are," Kaminari shut his car door, feeling a shiver across his arms with the random change in weather this cloudy Tuesday. He was wearing his same green coat from last week, the only problem with that was that it lacked a hood. The forecast called for a thunderstorm some time later in the afternoon, indicated by the dull, grey sky. The drop in temperature made his hair floofy again; he hated it.

"A bookstore?" Jirou quizzically looked at Kaminari as they turned down the block. "The closest establishment is a bookstore?"

"Yep."

"How do they even get business with a loud ass club next-door?" Jirou asked, looking back at Club Nyonic behind them. The nearest free spot was currently at the club, she noticed as they approached the new building the few parking spots here were all taken.

"Two words. Weekends," Kaminari nodded his head toward the club. "Weekdays," he answered, opening the door to the shop to let her in.

Jirou seemed to hesitate at his polite gesture. Her entire person was holding back her mouth from saying 'I don't need your help to open a door. Disrespectful.'

But she had to remember she wasn't at Reverberance.

And the person in front of her wasn't another hero on her unit.

"Makes sense," Jirou stepped inside with her hands in her coat pockets, glancing around at the cramped shelves full of books and graphic novels.

She came better prepared than Kaminari, a black shirt accented with lace and jeans were covered by her deep, red trench coat, completed with a hood. Her eyes scanned the selection of stories around the shop, next the few people walking around, exploring the options. There was a corner designated for reading, perfected with the addition of a coffee machine, sugar packets and stirring straws.

Kaminari was distracted looking at some comic book covers, he never knew people made comics about Japan's heroes. He wondered if he could find one about himself. He was startled when he felt Jirou abruptly pull back and clumsily bump into him.

They both blinked a few times before turning their faces away from one another.

"There," Jirou gestured after a light clear of throat, gesturing her chin to a desk near a window. An older man who seemed to be in his late 50s was standing there. "So is he the owner?" She asked, her attention at the desk.

"Uhm, I don't know," Kaminari stuttered, breaking his usually nonchalant tone. Without hesitation she left without another word to question the man. Biting down on his inner cheek, he followed closely behind her.

"Excuse me sir, are you this bookstore's owner?" Jirou sidled up to the counter, the man looked over to her. He had glasses with a sturdy rim along the top, and a finer, silver colored rim around the bottom of the lenses. His hair was greyed, slightly thinning.

"Yes I am, do you need something?" He responded with a kind grin.

"We're Aux Cord and Chargebolt with Ignition Agencies, do you mind answering a few questions for us?" Jirou held out her badge.

"Am I in trouble for something?" The man asked with worry in his eyes.

"No sir, but it would be helpful if you cooperated," Jirou stated with a tinge of demand that set off Kaminari's uneasiness. Even her style of interrogation was intimidating.

"Oh, uhm, sure," the older man nodded nervously.

"Do you recall Friday night these two women with these two men?" Jirou questioned, pulling out a photo of the women from the bar footage.