「 walls 」

"Just what are you trying to say, Mitsuba?!" A male voice shouted, the anger evident in his strong voice.

"Are you too dumb to understand? You can't even prioritize this relationship, just go to Daikon-senpai for all I care!" Mitsuba yelled at the top of his voice, mirroring Kou's tone.

Kou had his brows knitted together, taken aback. He didn't understand why he was acting this way. He seemed so frustrated, and his words had a deeper meaning rather than his usual hollow and sarcastic remarks.

Nevertheless, their glares battled, and a heavy atmosphere sat on top of them. Neither the two had the idea of dropping their pride or being humble; no, they're fed up by always having to put up with each other's differences and temper.

Kou scoffed sarcastically, "Me? Not prioritizing this relationship? Look who's talking," He shot back, his eyes giving a hateful glare.

"I've been giving all my time and effort in this, like you're the one to say. We aren't getting anywhere with your petty, argumentive personality!" Kou ruffled his hair, feeling aggravated― tired of always dealing with these which resulted his bottled feelings coming out like a waterfall.

"Why don't you try lowering your pride for once?!" Mitsuba eyes stared up at him, unable to believe that gentle and warm 'Kou' presented him was so far from what he was acting right now.

Kou wasn't really the type of person to get short-tempered about something, but if he did become as such, then that must be something he's been enduring for a long time.

"I'm so sick of you always acting high and mighty while you aren't even the one who's trying!"

But it was so unlike of Kou to forget Mitsuba was human too; a human being who has the ability to feel the pain inflicted by mere words.

Mitsuba's face scrunched up in pain, hanging his head low. Feeling the words Kou said stab right through his own being.

By the time Kou realized what he had said, he was too late. He was too caught up in his rage that he said things he didn't mean. "Mi-Mitsuba.. That's not what I―"

"I GET IT, ALRIGHT?! YOU'RE TIRED OF ME, I KNOW THAT!" Tears came out of his eyes like a river, as his wavering voice screamed out. Kou's eyes went as  wide as saucers, yet he couldn't find the words to justify anything he said at all.

Mitsuba raised his fist, hitting his chest to refer to himself. "I'm always so unreasonable and annoying, isn't that what you're thinking?!" Mitsuba refused to meet his gaze and tightened the weak grip on Kou's wrist.

"Even I can get tired of myself.." He laughed sarcastically, his voice cracking within each word. "No matter what I do, I'll always be the villain in your eyes, isn't it?!" Mitsuba felt his chest getting heavy, hot wax on his throat and miserable each time he spoke.

And for just one, single moment, he caught sight of Mitsuba's eyes which reflected his crestfallen emotion, the tears flowing endlessly like a stream.

Kou didn't know what to say or do, but frankly speaking, he was dead speechless. Mitsuba never talked to him this way or even let his feelings like that in the first place.

It was like he always had a mask to hide what he truly felt.

"I-i know you're starting to regret having this relationship with me, we really were j-just fools to start this type of thing in the first place," Mitsuba stuttered out, wiping the tears that trickled down his cheeks.