Prologue

"Give up, Chrono"

A voice reverberated among the destructive spells that are being cast inside the artificial sub-space wherein two celestial beings are having a death match.

However, the one called "Chrono" is on the verge of being overwhelmed. Within first sight, he doesn't look like a tyrannical being that is capable of universal destruction. On top of his build that is of an average man, he's cladded in worn out robe and his face is hidden with a full-face mask inscribed with mystical lines.

But despite his shoddy appearance, the equipment he has on are the strongest ones available for his use. The dull-looking robe's defensive stats are so high grand-spells that can utterly destroy a planet won't damage it in the slightest. It also contains so much mana that if a mortal is within 1 kilometer of it, he will be absolutely erased.

The mask he wore amplifies thought process speed by millions of times. It also reduces magic circuit construction duration by a large margin. And hidden within his robe, are various accessories that nullifies debuffs and provides absurd buffs.

But despite all his efforts to increase his winning chance, he can only barely keep up against his formless foe. There are times it has a humanoid shape, an animal, or just a lump of smoke with two blinking orbs.

"Your control of the space-time is good indeed. But you can never beat me with such cheap tricks!"

Thousands of magical circuits surround the two that are moving several faster than the speed of light. Chrono can reverse such circuits into nothingness but he wasn't able to keep up in terms of its sheer amount. He was able to nullify 98 percent of it but the two percent remaining was enough to incapacitate him. He was hit by space ripping light beams and majority of his protective equipment disintegrated while some of his vital parts was badly damaged.

"Kuhahahaha. You should've foreseen this outcome. Such childish resistance can only be crushed by me! Now, it's time for me to erase your existence. This farce had gone long enough."

Chrono had an indignant look on his face. But he can only accept the outcome because he isn't strong enough.

That's right. I'm just not strong enough.

Countless magical circuits appeared around them once more. Furthermore, the amount appeared is on a greatly larger scale than the former. Chrono knew it's the end. But strangely enough, he has a peaceful look.

White lights covered his sight. If not for its obliterating properties that can delete galaxies, it's actually beautiful.

And the end arrived.

.

.

.

"It's a boy!"

A kind-looking old woman spoke loudly while holding a delicate infant. The small creature's cries echoed throughout the spacious room, but everyone inside it has a heartwarming smile on their faces.

"Earl Clifford, what a wonderful heir you have! I can almost see the prosperity of Clifford Earldom in the next generation!"

A beautiful young man in his 20's whispered beside a middle-aged man that has a sharp but gentle eyes. Both of them are looking at the luxurious bed in front of them that sheltered a beautiful blond woman in comfortable clothes, who is crying from joy, and a middle-aged auntie who is carefully holding an adorable baby.

The said young man has a long blond hair, and eyes that will calm your soul. His royal upbringing can be seen in his demeanor and attire. And holding his hand is a pretty young girl that has eyes full of curiosity.

"Surely you jest your Highness. I only obtained my peerage and this land due to his Majesty's generosity. I only want a peaceful life for my family right now and not involve myself too much in the schemes of other nobles."

The young man only smiled quietly and tapped the shoulder of Count Clifford.

"You only deserve everything my Father gave you," the young man said before turning to the door leading outside, "I must be going now and report this good news to my Royal Father. Clistine, let's go."

"Uhn."

The Prince and his sister silently walked out of the room followed by their attendants and Count Clifford.

"Thank you for personally coming here your Highness, I hope the reception my people gave you was able to satisfy you."

The Count bowed before the Prince that is now inside a gaudy carriage in front of his mansion.

"Don't worry about it Count Clifford, Father is also rather looking forward to your firstborn. We must be going now, Count Clifford, I look forward as to how the Chief of the Kingdom's Army will raise his child."

The sound of the Prince's gentle laughter was abruptly cut when the carriage's door was closed. And as it was a signal, the coachman held the reins and made the horses trot. Surrounded by cavalry men in full-plate armor, they are slowly swallowed by the night's embrace.

Count Clifford sighed lightly as the Prince's entourage disappear in his vision. After the nerve-wracking task of accommodating a Prince and a Princess, what awaits him is a more challenging task that might even affect his life.

Becoming a father.

Fighting a disadvantageous war is easier than this.

He himself knew that he readily escorted the Royal siblings to slightly delay this inevitable task. And after mustering his resolve for umpteenth time, he walked towards the room where his wife and newly born son is with heavy but swift steps.