An Unexpected Contest

Note this is just a quick two-chapter scenario! Just wanted to do a very small scene in the lives of the main characters from "Love O2O" and "Boss and Me".  In the original novel versions, the two worlds actually overlap! And Gu Man's novel for Love O2O features many overlapping scenes with Bei Weiwei and Shan Shan. I thought it'd be fun to expand that crossover world in a two-chapter thing.

For a longer look into Bei Weiwei, please feel free to check out my other ongoing story: an alternate universe where Xiao Nai has to work harder to get Bei Weiwei!

Thanks for reading!!!!  [Published Sept 2020]

____________________________________

The two CEOs, Feng Teng and Xiao Nai, are becoming more than businesslike professional associates. It doesn't hurt that their wives Shan Shan and Weiwei are now good friends. Thanks to the two women, the Feng and Xiao households get updates about each other's domestic lives. Sometimes the four of them play games together. Actually, Feng Teng and Xiao Nai play, and Weiwei spends all her energy protecting Shan Shan from getting killed. >_<

Sometimes when Xiao Nai visits Shanghai and has dinner with Feng Teng, the latter has a bit more wine to drink than is necessary. At that point, the two men's conversation takes an even more personal turn.

For example, recently at a French restaurant in Shanghai, Feng Teng finished a bottle of wine and then leaned forward to speak to Xiao Nai conspiratorially.

"Our wives are both very good eaters."

Xiao Nai smiles at the truth of the statement.

Feng Teng is tipsy enough to go further. "There's something great about watching a woman eat."

Xiao Nai is leaning back and laughing to himself. Feng Teng clearly doesn't have the close male friends he needs to let off steam. CEO Feng seems to lead the kind of lonely life that would have been Xiao Nai's fate in most alternate universes. Luckily Xiao Nai met his three closest friends in college. Those three jokers always make sure nothing is repressed. Every single innuendo and every perverted joke, they bring into open air.

"Of course," Feng Teng clarifies, "I just mean it's great to watch one's own woman eat. I'm not addressing some sort of overall preference."

CEO Xiao nods acceptingly.

We're both non-omnivorous wolves with very specific tastes.

It seems Feng Teng's prey of choice is an absolutely wide-eyed, fluffy bunny rabbit named Shan Shan. A woman who will give her blood to an total stranger in the middle of the night, and then give her blood-type tag too.

By contrast, Xiao Nai prey of choice is a warrior goddess named Weiwei. A woman who exposes the lies of suitors with trick questions, and then forgets about the whole thing two hours later.

>_<

* * * *

Now that they start into their second bottle of wine, Feng Teng is loose enough that he starts saying random things. Actually, these comments are not random. "You know what's popular with kids nowadays?" CEO Feng asks. "Mukbang videos. These young people video-cast themselves eating giant, giant portions of food."

Tipping his head to the side, Feng Teng reflects, "We're fortunate that our wives have not participated in this sort of content creation in the public eye."

The unspoken message: Feng Teng feels possessive when he pictures a wide-eyed Shan Shan sucking the juicy meat out of a crab leg. Thanks to Feng Teng's prompts, now, Xiao Nai is picturing images along similar lines, but instead starring a very hungry Weiwei and her very delicate pink mouth.

Feng Teng asks: "I wonder, between Shan Shan and Weiwei, who could eat more of the two?"

Xiao Nai, to himself: Ha ha ha. Two bottles of wine, and this guy is almost as shameless as Yugong and Houzijiu when they're sober.

In order to be a good sport, Xiao Nai warns, "My wife is naturally talented. The first time I took her and her roommates to eat, they emptied my wallet."

Feng Teng replies: "But Shan Shan has had daily training in food consumption, supervised by a very demanding coach."

"A contest would be an opportunity to test out whether talent triumphs over hard work," comments Xiao Nai.

One more bottle of wine later, two wolves have formed a slightly devious plan.