Chapter One - Home?

It was a cold day. The leaves in the trees that surrounded the camp rattled against one another in rage. The winds were unrelentless in their attacks on my face as my father, mother and I walked through the thick forestry towards the Pure Blood's pack. We were not from a line of pure blood, the only reason the Alpha is allowing us to join the pack is the fact that my Father is one of the strongest werewolves he ever battled and my Mother is one of the best healers. Our packs made a peace treaty years ago, to protect and aid one another in times of war. When the war came, a week ago... we are all what is left of our pack. Many were taken prisoner but the rest were killed. It was under some divine human intervention that we are alive as we were out of the country on a field trip with my school – old school. I will have a new one, new state, new school and a new town.

'Keep up, Ed.' My father said. I looked up to see that he and my mother were stood, towards the end of the forest, looking back at me. They were tired, we all were. The reason we didn't drive here or transform to travel was our scent. It could have been picked up by our enemy as they wanted our pack destroyed. They cannot hunt us here, not on Pure Blood territory.

'Yes, I'm sorry. I'm coming.' I jog over to them and join them, standing in awe, as we look at the camp before us. The wooden log cabins that seem to gleam with care and love, the large banquet hall that I have had the pleasure of eating in once before, the lake in the distance and the houses in which mates' wolves live with their children.

'It's beautiful, Stephen.' My mother whispers with the last piece of hope she has. My father takes her hand in his and turn to look at me with a sad smile. They know this isn't our home but it will be. We will make it ours. We just have to accept it.

'It's going to be-'Before I could finish my sentence a group of werewolves came running towards us. A few with friendly smiles but the most only looked at us with dread or anger. The front of them was Alpha something. I always seem to forget his name. I think it is because every time he is introduced, I am always worrying for my death. He is the strongest and most domineering man I have ever come across. I can recall a moment last spring when he came to visit, he stopped by our house to have a meeting with my Father. I didn't come down the stairs as his scent alone was enough to terrify me. I am only fifteen, sixteen in a month. I can only smell my mothers, fathers and Alpha and Beta scents. After I turn sixteen my wolf will begin commutating with me on a much stronger level, I will be able to shift much easier and my wolf will be stronger. I will be able to sense my mate and also discover where I fit in the pack. I was being groomed by my mother to take up healing but I was never good at it and my father tried to teach me to fight but I was much better at running. My parents fear that I will be an Omega but I don't fear the inevitable.

'Alpha Jacobs.' My father shifts and bows his head. My mother does the same. The others nod their heads in approval at this show of respect. Their eyes go from my Father to me.

'Hi, Alpha Jacobs.' I say. I am holding a box in my arms.

'Good evening, Edward. You can just call me Alpha, no need for my last name.' He clicks his fingers and points to me. 'Take their belongings over to their new home.' Two pack members rush up and take the box out of my hands and pick up the bags my parents were carrying on their backs. They reach for my rucksack.

'Oh, it's fine. I'd like to keep this with me.' I say. The wolves nod their head and take the rest and walk towards the living quarters.

'You may shift back.' The Alpha says to my parents. They oblige and put back on the clothes they quickly took off in the process. I know that we are werewolves but - no matter if you are human, werewolf or anything else – you never ger used to seeing your parents naked. Its always gross.