Running...out of Time

I woke up and saw I had over an hour to get ready for school. I had recently found out a girl at school named Crystal is obsessed with me... I mean what can I say I am adorable. Ok that was a bit too cocky, here i'll redeem myself ... When I say im cute I ain't nothing compared to her. She is one of those girls that is just interesting to look at. She has long, thick fiery red hair, and piercing mint green eyes. She reminds me of someone you would see in a York Peppermint Patties commercial. I always end up looking good for the ladies (ugh why am i being so cocky?... Then again why do i feel so guilty for it), but today I need to look like God made a mistake and dumped a whole bottle of sexy on my head when he made me.  I gel up my hair, put on a nice button up shirt, jeans and a fair amount of cologne. I smelled like a fine piece of *ss. I'm so ready to walk down the hall and try to act smooth when I see her, but I'll most likely end up looking like a llama on drugs. I may sound cocky but I'm actually one of those guys whose cheeks turn into oversized tomatoes whenever I try to talk to any girl.

Today is my track meet. I have to race against some really good runners, but I'm confident and I  think that with all the training I've had, I can probably win.

I head downstairs and am greeted by my mom and a big plate of pancakes, orange juice,  syrup and a bowl of blueberries. I rushed almost choking on the buttload of pancake I just shoved in my mouth.

It wasn't a school day, but running track was important to me and Crystal would be there so I had to go.

"Wait up Cam!" My mom said.

I didn't wait up, I grabbed my track bag and ran to the stadium. I took my skateboard out of the bag and continued on my way.

"Cameron Goodman."

"Here."

Coach Finley took attendance. My hands shook. I was nervous to run. I tried to rest as much as possible, but of course my rebellious brain decided to stay up all night thinking up things that wouldn't be classified as completley sane. My parents had already gotten to the bleachers and Crystal had a poster cheering me on to run at the speed of light.

Well... first that's impossible, but she looked gorgeous up there, her red hair reflecting off the light making it look as if her hair really was on fire.  

"On your mark,"

Oh no. Wow it looks like her eyes are changing colors now too... there so dazzling and green and pre..

"Get set."

Sh*t.

Coach shoots he gun and a rush of adrenaline flows through my body.

I run, my muscles twitching faster than my brain is responding.

I ran and ran as my legs and arms sliced the wind like blades. The pounding in my chest is like a drum willing my legs to go faster.

Then, I realized I was second, I only had to run a little more before being first and winning the race. I got this.

I kept my distance until, I felt a hand on my back. It was hot... almost like... FIRE!

Suddenly, everything stopped.