Chapter 2: What Just Happened?

I hit the ground hard. I try to sit up, cursing at my bed for not doing a good job of keeping me on it. I look over at the clock and see that its 8:30. Wow! I got up early for a Saturday...

I guess I could-..

Ooh sh*t. It's the thirteenth isn't it?

Meaning 1. It's my birthday (Which isn't the bad part) and 2. I'm late for Cameron's track meet. Why do I obsess over him so much? I barely know him, but as soon as I saw him I felt like we were connected. I run to the bathroom. I look in the mirror, and... Oh God! What is that thing staring back at me? Apparently, my hair is aging with me, and its at that stage where it refuses to obey.

I grab my weapon of choice... the wonderous paddle brush. This. Is. Going. To. Hurt.

After I tamed the beast that I'm forced to call my hair I rush downstairs to get "breakfeast". Hmmm lets see. Cereal, nah too mainstream. Fruit maybe, uh... no those apples have been in there for weeks. Aaah I know.. Doritos! A nutritous part of your daily breakfest.

I sprint to the track. Hey maybe I should be the one competing because I'm pretty sure I'm running faster than is humanly possible.

I find a seat and whip out my sign that I made for Cameron. God, where's Cameron? I don't see him.. Oh wait there he is. He just got here, and d*mn!!! His shiny black hair and eletric blue eyes with grey specks are doing something to my brain that I can't explain. Oh my God I want to think straight ... Stop using your sexy magic to make me dumb!

He takes off his extra snazzy outfit to reveal his warm up clothes and starts sprinting around the track taking suttle glances at me here and there. Haha that's okay boy, stare all you want. His coach calls him over and he sets himself up at the starting line. I swear I'm more nervous than he is.

Woah! What just happened?.. That was fast! They just started the race and they look like they haven't eaten in a week and are running for the last slice of pizza. This is some Hunger Games sh*t right here. I'm screaming Cameron's name. He's in second place. The boy behind him reaches his hand out in an effort to pull him backwards. I stare at the boy's hand and it bursts into flames! I'm so shocked I don't even realize that all movement around me has died. The boy's scream is frozen on his face. I look up and catch Cameron's eye. He is the only one awake.

Thanks for reading, as you can see sometimes my silly Lily needs an editing friend, if you didn't know, this is co-written and we don't always agree on the same things. Oh, I have also written a couple stories on my other account. Check it out? CrazyPotat03.

-A and L