Chapter 2: Nether Bros

Snapnap and George both needed diamonds, so when someone asked for some blaze rods in exchange for said diamonds they quickly accepted. The person had suddenly thrown diamonds at them while they were in the shop and told them how many blaze rods they wanted before running off. The two hurried back to their base and pulled together all the blaze rods they had stored. It turned out they were 3 blaze rods short of the needed amount.

   All they had to do was go to the nether fortress and kill a few blazes, depending on how lucky they were, and come back to finish the trade. Easy peasy, they'd done this over a hundred times already! What could possibly go wrong this time around? They'd be in and out quick, no trouble. Those diamonds were as good as theirs.

((George P.O.V))

   While going to the nearest nether portal my mind goes to Dream. He's been acting off for a few days, and I wonder what he's doing right now. He hissed at me earlier, like, what? He's never done that before, and whenever we bring up cats he flinches. It worries me a bit. He also appears to have dyed the tips of his hair a mossy green, but that seems like something he would do so it doesn't worry me as much.

   We arrive at the nether portal and Snapnap jumps in before me. I swiftly jump in after him and appear in the nether, the red surroundings causing sweat to build up already. I adjust my goggles, hoping my vision doesn't get clouded. It's annoying seeing everything in the same colors, especially in such a dangerous area.

   Snapnap knows this place better than I do so I let him lead the way. We quickly arrive at the Nether Fortress after travelling over well worn paths, thankfully avoiding soul sand as much as possible. We enter the fortress, being careful to avoid the grunting pigmen and rattling wither skeletons. Upon arriving at the blaze spawner, ready with our swords and shields, we kill the blazes as they spawn. We're having the worst luck though with none of the blazes dropping blaze rods.

   Snapnap and I are paying complete attention to the blazes, so we end up forgetting about the wither skeletons in a really stupid mistake. Like seriously, it's such a rookie move! Snapnap gets hit by one and screams, quickly killing it. I turn around and see the pain on his face from the wither effect and wince. We were too over confident and didn't bring milk. He quickly casts his gaze around as if searching for something before widening his eyes. I turn around too late.

   He gets hit with a bunch of fire from the blazes that quickly spawned, as if seizing the chance that our distraction gives them. He screams as the fire engulfs him, my own scream joining his as I charge the Blazes. I manage to destroy them, giving us a moment of respite, but the combined effects of the wither and burning prove too much for Snapnap's health. He dies and his items scatter around the floor.

Snapnap burned to death.

   I quickly turn and pick all his items up, cursing myself on the inside for forgetting such a simple thing, all I had to do was watch our backs, that's all! I glance at the death message, letting off another curse before I hear the wheezing of the spawner doing its job.

   I use my shield to block the fire from the blazes, tempted to charge them despite knowing I should get out of here quickly. I hear a ghast from somewhere and see a fireball heading my way, but I'm too distracted. I quickly try to knock it back with my sword but miss, knocking me into the lava below.

George tried to swim in lava to escape Ghast.

   I scream in frustration, hands balling up as I refrain from hitting anything. As if I could. I'm freaking dead, as the death message so elegantly points out. I stare at the death screen, once again cursing about how much of an idiot I am, and shake my head. Now we both lost our stuff! I fell into lava with my and Snapnap's stuff.