Discovery

Lailani Pov

I woke up to see Gold carrying me out of the cave. I didn't see Ari or Vivian. What happened? Did something happened to them?.

"W-where...?" I stutter, shaken by what just happened. Was it a dream? Or was it real?

"It's okay. What matters now is that you're okay." Gold said trying to assure me. I can tell that something must have happened to them cuz the sound in Gold's voice said so.

I decided to say nothing as the ray of light from the sun hit my face. Gold was silent the whole time we were coming out of the cave.

I had enough. I asked him again what happened to the others. Gold looked at me and placed me down on a nearby rock.

"They were... Kidnapped..." He said while looking down. I couldn't believe it. So it wasn't a dream.

"Who took them?" I asked again. I was worried for them. Ari may have been able to handle herself but she's very destructive. Vivian seems like a timid child. I'm worried for her the most.

"I.. I don't know. But the claw that took them looked like Eggman's machine." He answered, suspecting that Eggman was the culprit.

"But why..? Why would he do this?" I said feeling quite upset.

"Who knows but... Luck is on our side." Gold said looking at me, smiling.

What does he mean? I didn't get it until he showed me a tracking device. I knew exactly that he had tracked them.

"I placed a tracker on Ari while we were in the cave. She seems mentally and physically unstable so I was worried that she might do something to yo- I mean, us. So I put a tracker in her pocket when she wasn't looking." He said with one of his hand behind his head, clearly ashamed that he placed a tracker on Ari.

"Gold! You genius!" I shouted. I hugged him. I could feel his face heating up. Maybe the area was hot. He shouldn't be ashamed that he put a tracker on Ari. He helped us find them easily now.

After we rested for a bit, we followed where the tracker was heading. The tracker on Ari was very far away. We took stops to rest. We got closer to a nearby Chemical Plant.

Gold Pov

We arrived at The chemical plant. This place was as toxic as usual. But some part of it was destroyed from the leftovers when Infinite was around.

Lailani couldn't walk very well due to her legs being hit by rocks in the cave. She wanted to stay out and keep a lookout at anything suspicious. I was hesitant on leaving her alone but ultimately decided to do a quick check up.

I entered a building and found the place messed up. I walked around till I reached an office. I opened the door. It was stuck and it made a shrieking sound when I pushed it open. Hopefully, no one heard that. The office was a mess. It looked like someone took some stuff and left in a hurry.

I searched the office and found mostly junk until a shiny item caught my eyes. I took a closer look and it was a pendant that looked like one of the ones from the picture that I had. I pulled out the photo from my pocket (wait, what? I didn't know you jad pockets!)

 I pulled out the photo from my pocket (wait, what? I didn't know you jad pockets!)

No doubt about it. It's the very same pendant. But there's only one pendant here. Where are the others? Maybe my parents were here and left this necklace as a clue for me.

As I was leaving, I felt a shiver. I was not alone. I quickly turned around and ..... Nothing was there. I got outside the door and stepped on something sharp (ow, that sounds painful). I looked down and saw a glimmering gem. It was blue. I picked it up as a gift for Lailani. It looked pretty.

I got out of the lab and saw Lailani zoning out. She looked like she was out in deep space. I decided to scare her by jumping at her and tapping her shoulder. She was shocked and started pouting at me. She looked cute.

"Cute" I mumbled. I didn't realize she heard me. She started blushing. She looked cute.

"S-so did you find something?" She said, breaking the awkwardness.

"Well, I found this." I showed her the heart necklace.

"Hey, that looks like one of your necklaces in the picture" she said.

I nodded. Well, maybe this may be a clue to finding my parents. Lailani got up and tried to walk.

"H-hey, I got something for you" I said. I pulled out the blue gem that I found. Lailani looked at it and smiled. She likes it.

As soon as she touch it, her wounds immediately healed. We were shocked.

"That gem... It's incredible. Thank you, Gold. You made it easier for me to walk now" She thanked me. I started blushing. She noticed and laughed abit.

"S-so, should we be on our way?" I said, trying to not sound awkward.

"Y-yeah, let's move." She stutters. We grabbed the gem and head on our way to rescue Vivian and Ari. Hopefully, they're safe.

To be continued...

(Hello humans! Man it's been awhile. Sorry for taking so long. I was busy amd getting more and more lazy amd drifted away from this story. I'll try and make more and spend more time on Wattpad)