Chapter 1: the kidnapping

It didn't have to rain today. But it did.

I mustered all my strength to get up on the ground. It's raining. I was running from those big shots when I had to be tripped going down a wet cobblestone stairs in a poor busy street of this city. I lost my footing and continued stumbling on the ground until I reached the end. It hurt so much. I could feel the wound on my back. I sprained my ankle too and I think I lose a tooth. But I have to run. After what I did to them? I'm sure they will not let me go without getting bid ridden for days if not dead.

It's pretty common here. There are always those thug groups who act like they own the city. I entered one for survival. It was hard to steal food and other necessities alone so I figured if I become one of them and be with groups, living will be much easier.

I should've known better. There are competitions inside the gang. Everyone wants to please the bosses so they'll be off with harder jobs. I was always at the bottom.

Rupert was teasing me earlier. How I can't get the job done flawlessly. They kept messing with me. I ran out of patience and grabbed the nearest thing to me (which turned out to be a beer bottle) and threw it on his head. Glasses shattered and sticked out on his face.

Of course, they can't leave me alone with what I did, can they?

So I ran and they chased me. We're still on the run after 30 minutes. I'm already getting tired. They know the deepest parts of this city more than I do so it's useless to hide. I have to get out. It was nothing new as I'd sometimes city hope depending on where would I survive the most.

I hid behind the huge dumpsters when I heard their voices nearby. I entered a dark alley and was hiding at the back of a fast food chain. I can see them looking around some meters in front of me through the space between each dumpsters.

"Where the fuck is that bitch?" Rupert was shouting. Rupert is a Boss favorite. He knows to do things well.

"She came here. She shouldn't be that far." Sid said.

"I'm gonna fucking kill her." Rupert said with so much anger.

I felt goosebumps on my skin.

"This way." Ava pointed the deeper area of the alley and then they ran there.

I sighed and rested my back on the wet wall of the store. I bit my lower lip when the wall touched the wound on my back.

"What did you do?"

I was a little startled with the voice. I looked on my left and saw a man probably near my age. He's wearing an apron and he's probably here to throw garbage. He's holding a huge black plastic bag.

"Something you'll better be not involved. Go back to your work now, dude." I told him.

Now, what should I do? Rupert is favored by one of our Bosses. I can't go back to them now. Who knows what punishment I will get. The only thing I can do is to get out of this city. It'll be hard to hunt me outside of their territory.

But I have to get back in our turf. I have to get at least my important belongings.

Although at this point, the gang probably knows what I did already. They'll be expecting for my arrival in the turf. Zoren wasn't with the three. He must've been the one who relayed the information to everyone while the three is chasing me.

"Okay."

The dude opened the trashbin and three the garbage in. Then he walked to the old stool beside the backdoor of the establishment, sat on it and grabbed his phone from his pocket.

He felt me staring so he looked up to me. "I'm on my break. This is where I usually stay."

I looked away and heaved a breath. I don't have anything to say. For starters, I was the one trespassing in their property. He also has no obligations to help me despite seeing all these bruises in my body.