Chapter 15: You Need To Remember

The rest of the night was kind of slow. No one did much since the guys' heads were killing them- except Nathan who had way too much energy than they could handle so they locked him in his room. But, like the not too bright people Jay, Max, Tom, and Siva are, they didn't think about Nathan being able to unlock his door himself. So, I could hear Nathan running, literally running, around the house and terrorizing the others. It was really funny, I admit.

I lay down in my bed at about ten. I stare up at the ceiling, questions still racing through my head (still all at once) and I could hardly stand up without getting dizzy. I don't remember closing my eyes since they stayed wide open, but before I knew it, I was dreaming.

"Maddie." Dad smiles as he hugs me. I was back in nothing and I was back nowhere.

"Dad! I have so many questions for you!" I exclaim.

"I know." He laughs. "And I have the answers, but I can't tell you much." He says.

"But you'll still tell me?" I ask.

"Yes." He smiles.

"Okay. Will I need the strength you say my necklace gives?" I ask. That was what bothered me the most.

"Yes." He says reluctantly. I draw in a breath. Great.

"When?" I ask. Immediately I know he can't really tell me.

"Pretty soon." Is all he says. Even better.

"Who is the guy you're talking about when you say there is more to him than I think?"

"You know." He smiles. Then I have another question, this one I was really scared to ask, since I had a feeling I did know who the guy was.

"Will I hurt him? Will he hurt me?" I ask, not able to ask what I was scared of just yet.

"No and no." He smiles.

"When you say the time is soon, whatever it's time for, it involves him, doesn't it?" I ask. That's what I was scared of. I was scared of whatever was to happen that it will involve him and since he doesn't hurt me or I don't hurt him, I'm afraid we won't even have a chance to hurt one another.

"I don't want to say it, but yes. It does." He says. I feel myself go weak. I don't know why, but I seemed to know everything before he said it. And I didn't like it. This was turning out perfectly. Just perfect.

"Who?" I ask. I didn't know why I asked that or what it was supposed to be directed to, but I asked it anyway. Dad nodded like he knew.

"All I can say about that is he doesn't stop at getting what he wants easily. Just remember, keep on fighting until the very end. I don't tell you that because I like to, don't get me wrong, I do, but I tell you because you need to know. You need to remember." He says. "I love you." He then disappears and everything is still.

"Wait!" I cry out, sitting upright in bed. I didn't have enough answers. I wasn't finished with my questions. Those words, you need to remember, replayed through my head. I hear a door open down the hall and footsteps running towards my room. I expected to see Jay come bursting through the doors, but I wasn't expecting who really did. Nathan.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Maddie?" He asks frantically, running over to me and kneeling beside the bed.

"Nathan?" I ask, squinting in the darkness.

"It's me." He says, taking my hand. "What's wrong? I heard you cry out and came as fast as I could."

"I'm fine. I just had a bad dream. That's all." I say. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"I don't care about that. I don't want anything happening to you if I can help it." He says, standing up. He leans down to kiss my head. As he starts walking away, I grab his hand. "Please stay." I didn't want to be alone. I wanted to know he was safe right now. Yes, Nathan is the guy Dad was talking about when he said there was more to him than I think. And he is also the guy Dad was talking about when he said whatever was to come involves Nathan.

He walks around to the other side of my bed and gets in. He wraps an arm around me and pulls me close. I felt really safe in his arms, I realise. He made me feel like he won't let anything hurt me, like he said he wouldn't. Like he'll protect me the best he can no matter what- which took my thoughts back to what was to come.

"Only for a little while. Can't have the guys waking up and seeing us together." He whispers.

"I only need a little while." I whisper back. I could tell he was smiling and he leaned over to kiss me.

"Goodnight, Maddie."

"Goodnight Nathan."

** Nathan's P.O.V. **

Maddie wanted me to stay with her, so I did. I brought her close and held her tight. I could tell she was scared from her dream because she was shaking. I doubt she even noticed. I didn't like the thought that she was scared and I wanted desperately to do whatever I could to protect her. And that's what I'm going to do.

I lay down with Maddie in my arms and just think about what life would be like without her. Even though I just met her yesterday, I would hate being without her. She was the reason I've actually smiled more than once at a time. She was the reason I felt so happy now. She was the reason I no longer felt the pain Angela caused me. She was the reason I learned to love again.

I find myself forgetting more and more about Angela and the promise to myself as I spend more time with Maddie. She was the only thing I thought of, and I didn't mind it at all. I was no longer scared of falling in love with Maddison, but I was scared of one thing: what will happen? I have this feeling like something bad will happen, like I'll lose her, but for some reason, I know I won't. I don't think I won't, I know I won't.

Maddie's breathing slowed down and her chest fell up and down peacefully. She was no longer shaking. She was asleep. I carefully got out of bed and covered her up with the blankets. I kissed her forehead and made my way to the door. I didn't want to leave her, but I had to. If the guys came in and saw us together, especially in the same bed, they'd know what was going on and maybe even think more of it.

Instead of going to my room, I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I grab a water bottle and go into the piano room. I don't play and I don't sing. I just sit and picture Maddie teaching me her song last night. I saw how her eyes lit up when she played the piano and sang. She was amazing doing what she did last night and I didn't want it to end.

I go back to my room and lay down. The sooner morning comes, the sooner I get to see Maddie again. God, I can't get this girl off my mind. If only she knew how much I thought about her.