Risk Taken

Let me tell you a story from the future.

The Tripto Virus, a nickname to the deadliest virus the world ever faced. In the future, technology helped humanity a lot. Not until when humans temper with nature. It resulted to an unstable virus and lead to a catastrophic events. Now, the virus was spread across the world killing countless people. It's insanely unstable, no one understood how it spread or how to cure it.

But it's not the story all about.

Haxle thought Sinara was crazy leading him to a building's helipad. Well, they're both aquired crazy ideas, and that includes going ontl a helipad, why not?

"This is the highest building on the city." Sinara said grinning. Her red hair reflecting the color of the sunset.

"And?" Haxle asked.

Sinara brought two bags of skydive wing suits.

"And we will jump from it." She said.

"Risk given." Sinara said as she offered him the skydive wings bag.

This is how they challenge each other. Haxle took the bag and said, "Risk taken." They wore the bag of skydive wings and load a colored smoke bomb.

"Together."

Together, they jumped from the highest building on the city. They expand the wings on their midway and glide through air while releasing a line of red smoke.

That's how they define fun. They challenge each other by saying "Risk given." You are challenged and there's no refusing, you must say "Risk taken." That's their unwritten rule.

"Do you ever imagined how you gonna die?" Sinara asked Haxle. They're both sitting at the 27th floor's balcony, watching the sunset.

"Uhm. Maybe got shot by a gun." Haxle answered playfully, but Sinara looked serious.

"Why?" She asked.

"Cause it seems convenient. No pain, just instant." He said honestly.

"How 'bout you?" Haxle asked back.

"I imagine myself dying from the virus." She said smiling. Her mother died painfully because of the virus. The memory still hunt her.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you'll never know you're infected, except the day before you die." She answered watching the sun touched the horizon.

She got a point. The virus has no visible symptoms except what they call 'th black rashes.' It'll appear which means you body is dying and you only have 24 hours left.

The same reason they're making the fullest out of everyday. Cause you never know when the black rashes will appear on you.

They start doing crazy things just a month ago. They had pranked a police station, drove blindfolded, crossed a rope tied on two buildings, wandered the city in beach attires, and other crazy activities. Now, they just jumped from the highest building.

The next night, Haxle got a less crazy idea.

There's a crossroad near Sinara's apartment that seemed the best place for it. The crossroad lacked car traffic. No car wanna use the road, and it's perfect.

He take Sinara on the middle of the intersection.

"I always wanted to do this." Haxle said.

"Do what?" Sinara asked as she laughed. He fished his earpod from his pocket.

"We'll dance until midnight. That's roughly 3 hours." He smiled up to his ears.

"Risk given." He said softly. He extend his arms as an invite.