Perseverance.....

Actually I was planning to write 2nd kural of kadavul vaazhthu adhigaram which I started..
But an incident happened today caught my attention and reminded me of this thirukural..

My colleague who was a foreigner is here as an intern for a particular project...
And Ofcourse as we all knew he have no knowledge of our language and Ofcourse our English slang and nil in our culture...

Initial days of our conversation was a pretty much difficult one obviously..

But later on he gelled with everyone irrespective of the age, caste or even sex.... Though we have cultural differences and a lot more variations something binded him with us like cement binding aggregates of concrete...

One thing that was noteworthy from him was his persistence.....
His persistence in leaning new things which everyone may think it's not my cup of tea...

His persistence in carrying out his work...........

His persistence in surviving in foregin land even without money.............

Inspite of being denied or to be precise delayed of money for basic survival for about 8 months in a foregin land he showed persistence in learning and working..............

Though he was pressurised for money he borrowed and even after getting chance to get back to his mother land ample number of times he didn't go back as he didn't complete the work he started here...............

Thus, despite of not having any source of living the way he learnt, lived and survived here and gathered many positive things and memories from our country reminded me of the kural

ஊழையும் உப்பக்கம் காண்பர் உலைவின்றித்

தாழா துஞற்று பவர்.............. (Kural:620)

His perseverance in completing the work he started made him to see something positive even in the negative situation.............

And in learning an altogether new language and new culture...........

He who was not able to say Hi properly in thamizh as "Vanakkam" wished me for vinayakar chathurthi as "Iniya vinayakar chathurthi nalvaazhthukal"  which surprised me to the core...........

Above all even being a foreigner he was a person he is continuouly researching and learning teachings of buddha  now............

Thus his current improvement in the knowledge of our language and culture despite being mocked by many of his fellow colleagues reminded me of the kural

முயற்சி திருவினை ஆக்கும் முயற்றின்மை

இன்மை புகுத்தி விடும்......                                  (Kural:616)

As everything he have in this country is mainly because of his constant try and love for learning new things..........