Prologue

It's been so long since I lost everything 16 years ago I lost my brother and my sisters, because we had to send them off to Germany. I ran away, I don't know how they didn't find me, I should've gone too. I was supposed to, but I got scared. Then when they found out my parents had another child, they killed them, and it's all my fault. I ponder this. What would've happened if I just went along with them. Are they safe. Are they dead. Where were they sent. I cant get their frightened faces out of my head, when they found out we were all being sent away. While they were terrified to go, I was making up ways to not have to. I should've brought them with me, we could've ran away together. No the youngest would've been to loud, to scared screaming "I want mummy and daddy, when will they be back." And i wouldn't know what to do. But this kills me. I don't even know where they are, a thousand miles away? Just a hundred? God I hope they're safe. Because if not. Their blood is on my hands. They're screams. My old coworker Sally understood. We would talk and talk about this for hours about our family's. Yet she ratted in me for being a downer. She probably will tell everyone I should've been sent away. I miss those kids.

I must find them.