Chapter 2

A/N:  I was trying to post this the other night, but wattpad wouldn't work for me.  However, it is working now.  I hope you enjoy it.  :)

Mew POV

Even though I told Fai I don't want meetings late, it doesn't mean that I don't end up working late. I'm happy that she has been able to stop the meets at 5pm, but I wish that there is a way for me to get through the work faster. I still can't figure out how the previous Dean was able to have all those silly meetings and still have time to do his own work. I have a hunch that he had other people doing the work for him though. There is no way that he could be doing stuff, like I do, and have all those meetings.

My stomach suddenly growls.

Well, I guess that is my cue to go get something to eat and go home. I still haven't really cooked anything at home yet. I just don't have the time. Similar to the fact that I don't have enough time to do all this work. Ugh....

Before my stomach growls again, I pull my phone out and I look at the next restaurant down the street from my apartment. I have gotten used to ordering food before I leave the university and by the time, I get to the restaurant, the food is ready, and I take it home.

After that first night when I had just moved into my apartment, I decided that I wouldn't eat alone in the restaurant again. I got plenty of stares, but I also had a few women come up to me and ask for my number. It didn't sit well with me. Plus, I still love my mate, even though she is gone.

So, from then on, I order my food to go and eat at home. It just makes everything easier.

I quickly place my order and then gather my things. Unfortunately, I will, once again, have to take work home with me. With an arm full of paperwork, I leave my office and head towards my car. It is going to be another long night of work.

***

Gulf POV

"Hey, have you heard about the new Dean of the college?"

I glance up from my textbooks and shake my head. What is Mild even talking about? Well, I have heard that there is going to be a new Dean. Shoot, I think everyone knows about that. The university even threw a big retirement party for the previous Dean. However, I have had my nose buried in my books to a point that I haven't paid attention to any of the news around campus.

A smile instantly pops out on Mild's face as his eyes light up. He leans over the table towards me and chimes, "Rumor has it that he is extremely handsome but ice-cold. Do you think that something happened to him to make him be so cold?"

What the heck?

I slightly shake my head and glance around the canteen. Hopefully, no one else heard Mild. People may think that I have some inside connection. The last thing that I need is for people wanting to be friends with me because they think I can help them get close to the Dean.

Irritated, I huff, "Like I would know. You always know more about what is going on in this university than me."

As Mild continues to stare at me, a smirk slowly begins to form across his face. Oh, no. What is he thinking now?

Mild playfully replies, "Well, I do know that you enjoy handsome things. I just figured that you wouldn't be able to resist going to see the new Dean when you found out how handsome he is. Everyone is talking about him and there are so many pictures of him on our university board. Shoot. I keep seeing girls trying to find reasons to have to go to his office."