Chapter 1

"The kingdom weeps of this tragedy that has befallen us. Mysteriously, we've lost a good number of dignified and skillful detectives...as well as our beloved general. He was a good man, a man of honour and integrity. A man before my heart, he was not just a general to me... " the king took a short pause, a pained sigh escaping his lips as he shut his tired eyes in defeat. "...but he was also a friend, an advisor and a brother to me. I weep dearly over his untimely demise. But...no matter what happens, justice must be served. That, I can guarantee " and with the king's final statement to his people, a cheer followed, alongside a thunderous applause.

The king was indeed pained. His heart bled with bitter emotions and his stomach churned in the agony of what had befallen the kingdom. Just a few weeks ago, the king had sent off fifteen detectives to investigate the case and had promised to award the first detective to solve the case a huge amount of money. But unfortunately, they never came back. And the only one who did return; died the following day, with no clue whatsoever of what could've killed him.

Now the kingdom was in full distress, the people in it; frightened of the unknown. It came as no surprise the minute the news of the Kong's illness finally came to light, but nonetheless, he was hell bent on serving justice on a platter of gold for the late general.

"Till further notice, a curfew has been announced... And at the strike of dusk, no one should be seen outside their houses. This mysterious killer has left us worried of the unknown, I fear he might in turn attack the other villagers. That being the reason for the curfew, all must adhere to this new rule and all must work with us to ensure stability. Norman's killer, must be found"...

* * *

"Sire, we fear he might be someone we know. I think there's someone feeding him news about the happenings of our kingdom. How else was he able to outsmart the entire security guards? My guy tells me it's someone from the council... Someone you tell everything" Sir Conrad, the king's right hand man, said to the king in a hushed tone.

"Perhaps, you?" asked the king, his fading blue eyes, dancing around the facial expressions of his right hand man.

"Sire, how...how'd you even day that? Of course I'd be be r be the one to betray the king. I'd never! Not in a million years" he said and the king drummed his fingers on his throne, his face drained of all emotions and a defiant gaze about him hovering the entire throne room where they were.

"Go home, Sir Conrad. We'll talk a bit more about this tomorrow "

As the King slept he a voice out side his window and saw a person dressed all Black and face
Covered ,but before the guard could get him he disappeared from the scene .This made the King worry more because he wander who would hate the ,King Dom so much

Thanks for reading this chapter all those that read should pls comment so that I can learn my mistake 🎇♥️