I Love You Amidst No Sources

(I'm going to try to make this as gender neutral as possible)
Ring ring
Exclus picked up their phone. Incoming call: Inclus
They looked at the phone, contemplating whether or not they should pick up. Last time was a rant about xenogenders and Exclus had enough of that. They pressed the green button.
"Hello?"
"I- Um hey Exclus, um. I was wonderi-"
"If this is about some weird, unproven crap like yesterday's conversation, I'm blocking you."
"No! No, it's not about that. I just need to talk to you about something."
Exclus's heart stopped for a moment. Is something wrong? They hated their best friend's bullshit sometimes, but at the end of the day, they were best friends and nothing would change that.
"Okay. I'm on my lunch break right now and I get off at around 5:30, so I'll see you then. I can bring some coffee or something on the way back."
"That would be nice, thanks."
Beep.
(Wattpad time skip)
Exclus could barely focus knowing something was up with Inclus. They weren't usually like this. They knocked on the door. The door slowly opened, revealing a tired, bundled up Inclus.
"Hey."
"Um hey, here's your coffee."
Inclus thanked them and took the coffe with their Miku themed blanket. As they say down, the tension between them grew. Both wondered how they hell they were supposed to start a conversation like this. Finally, after what seemed like years, Exclus spoke up.
"So. What's been bothering you?"
They smiled awkwardly at Inclus eye bags. Inclus looked away, with a red face.
"You don't look so good. I can come back later when you feel better alright?"
Exclus tried to get up and leave, but an arm held them in place.
Inclus murmured something.
"Huh?"
"I like you, baka!"
Exclus blankly stared at them.
"Huh?"