Anonymous {C•B}

Heights are most peoples fear,‬
‪Sometimes it's the ocean,‬
‪Hell it could even be darkness,‬
‪But my fears are different,‬
‪Scarier than the rest,‬

‪I'm scared to be alone,‬
‪Afraid I'd be forgotten,‬
‪I'm scared to speak infront of people,‬
‪Afraid of judgment,‬

‪I'm scared.‬

‪I've always been scared,‬
‪I've always had those voices ‬
‪Telling me I can't‬
‪Or don't risk it.‬

‪I've named it Anxiety.‬

- Anonymous

Colby finished his poem which the teacher would most probably end up reading in front of the class. Colby was always quiet and the teacher knew that, but the teacher also knew about Colby's wonderful gift of writing.

'Ok I would like everyone to bring their poems and set them on my desk' Colby watched as
Y/n raised off of her chair, smiling slightly as she laughed at what her friend had written. Colby soon followed, standing from his chair taking those few steps to the front of the class room.

'Now, from what I saw two poems from around the room have the same theme and mood.' Colby could hear the hint of sorrow yet excitement in his teachers voice. Colby also believed that no one in his class had the same ability of writing as him because they always acted so.. stupid.

'Would Y/n and Colby please come to the front' Both Y/n and Colby's heads shot up, eyes wide. The teacher ignored their pleading eyes gesturing from them to collect their sheets

'But miss' Y/n's voice shook. Colby still frozen in fear as some of the class still had their attention on him. He finally stood walking the same steps he had seconds ago. Colby watched y/n intently as she followed his movements to the front.

'Y/n, you can read first' the teacher say at behind her desk, all attention was on the sad girl beside the nervous boy.

'Oh.. ok' Y/n felt and looked visibly scared. Her hands shook as she held the paper tightly.

'The Days I'm loneliest are the days I'm surrounded by friends,
I'm saddest on the days my smile shines,
I'm emptiest after guiding people through stupid break ups or dramas,

The days I laugh most are the days I'm most numb,
I feel nothing but pain on the brightest days,
See nothing but grey from day to day,

The days I feel are the days I let the blade graze my skin,
Those are the same days I cry,
Those are the same days I feel the most,

That is what my toxic friend Depression has made my life into.'

Y/n let out a shaky sigh as she let her eyes drop and herself crumble to the ground. Colby was immediately by her side, they were never close but y/n liked the feeling of this arms around her. The class shocked from both what they had heard but also from what they were seeing.

'You need to get up angle' Colby whispered, he attempting to rise off the floor only to be stopped by y/n. He sighed picking her up taking her outside the door, not before motioning for her best friend to follow. Everyone could see the worry her friend and Colby shared through their eyes.

'Colby, please come back inside and finish the task I've given you. Her brother is coming to get her, ok?' Colby just nodded walking back inside.

The class was never going to look at either Y/n or Colby the same. They both had changed.

(In case anyone wanted to know, yes I did write both poems myself)