Chapter 22💚

📍Florida | Jayla's Pov

2 weeks later

I'm at home watching a movie and eating some pineapples. Brandon and Reese are here too cause Bailey is cooking dinner.

Over the past weeks me and Reese got close he's like my bestfriend. I guess it's because he started coming around more.

After Bailey stirs the pot she sits comes into the living room and sits on Brandon's lap. I know she said they aren't in a relationship but their actions say something else. Theses two nasty kids start making out right here in our faces. When Brandon began to rub on her I knew it was time for me to dismiss myself.

(I'm erasing myself from the narrative.😭)
Issa joke from tiktok.

I grab my cover and make my way towards my bedroom. Making sure to take my pineapples with me. I took off my shoes and turned on the tv. Not too long after I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said quietly because Journey was asleep.

Reese walks in a stares at me for a few seconds.

"What?" I said laughing

"You like leaving me third wheel." Reese shook his head

"Mmh." I yawned

He took his money out of his pocket and took off his shoes before he laid in the bed then began to play on his phone. I wondered where the nigga worked. I began to look at him and admire his facial features. He made eye contact with me then we both looked away.

"Why you so far away?" Reese said in his deep voice

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to watch tv.

"Use yo words." He said

"I don't know." I said lowly

Out of no where Reese pulls me on top of him and wraps one arm around me using the other to scroll down Instagram.

"What are you doing?" I looked up while still laying on top of him

He ignored me. He's just lucky I was comfortable because I would politely get back on my side of the bed.

"He's fine asf." I said as Reese watched people's stories

He popped me on the side of my head.

"Keep it to yo self jit."

I rolled my eyes and continued to watch him scroll. His feed was filled with Instagram models and Business people. Reese slowly puts his hand on my butt.

"Aht. You taking it too far buddy." I laughed

He took his hand off and put it back on around my shoulder. I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

- - - - - - -

📍Jayla's Bedroom| Reese's Pov

"You tryna-." I looked at Jayla only to see she was asleep.

While she sleep I got to examine her face. She was really beautiful and soft hearted. I learned that over time. I could tell she'd been through some things but it's wasn't my place to ask her about it.

I went into her room because I loved the energy she gave off. I got a break from handling my business. I'm own a barber shop in my old hood and it may look easy but it's not. On top of that I'm the biggest drug dealer in the city.