jyp audition

nina joined jyp entertainment on february 6, 2012, being scouted by the agency after they found a video of nina singing at a vocal competition in brooklyn (which she won)

nina joined jyp entertainment on february 6, 2012, being scouted by the agency after they found a video of nina singing at a vocal competition in brooklyn (which she won). after passing an global audition in late january, she officially joined the company in february. but let's look at the day little 10 year old nina auditioned.

~insert disney channel style flashback transition here~

january 25, 2012

"do you think i can make it, mommy?"

nina looked up at her mother as they rode the subway to new york city. 3 weeks ago, they had gotten a call from jyp entertainment, asking if she would like to audition.

mom smiled warmly, patting nina on the cheek. "i think you can honey. they called for a reason."

the subway dinged (idk if it does i haven't even ridden a bus before), signaling their arrival in nyc. the doors slid open, and the mother daughter duo stepped out, taking hands and hailing a taxi.

nina was starting to shake of nervousness. what if she didn't remember the lyrics? what if she forgets the choreography? what if they don't take her seriously because she's barely 10?

"nina, we're here," her mother's words snapped nina out of her thoughts

she took a deep breath, and stepped out of the taxi. nina looked up at the building the audition was taking place in. 3 other auditionees were lined up, waiting to audition.

mom gave nina's shoulders a reassuring squeeze and smiled. "you'll do great."

nona smiled back, before taking a deep breath and stepping in line, ready to take the audition that could change her life.

they judges didn't say anything other than asking nina to sing the song she won the competition with (put your records on by corinne bailey rae), and to do a dance cover of a song she knew.

the 10 year old walked out of the audition anxious, and shocked that she actually made it through the whole thing.

now all that was left was to wait.