four

"you must be joking." the man before me let's out a breathy sigh. his expression calm, a tint of sadness ever so present in his features. his eyes left mine, now staring at the wooden floor.

the wind lightly passed our bodies, often carrying the cherry's pink petals through its travels, along with the light chimes of edo furin filling the air. those little things made my soul feel warm and steady.

'this is peace.'

"shinazugawa sanemi, that name you better remember." he said rather sadly. his tone made me felt sorry for him.

reasson? i don't quite know.

he retracted his arm from my lap to check the bandage. he swings his arm in different angles to get a better look.

"is it too tight?" i hovered my hand from his arm. getting close if it is so i can adjust it. "it's fine. now don't touch me." he scoffed.

sanemi shifted his posture away from me, making his body face the outdoors. he ruffled his hair messily while i finished putting back all the supplies in the med box. his demeanor changed.

i felt like i should say something to him.

he turn his head towards me hesitantly, his purple orbs standing out and staring right through my e/c coloured ones.

"drop the act."

"what act?"

'what is he talking about?', 'what act?'. my heart hammered itself against my rib cage.

my reply affected him negatively, to which he eyed me with an intent i don't quite recognize. he pressed his lips against each other, forming a thin line.

sanemi faced the field once again while he stares at a certain cherry blossom tree.

a moment after, he nodded his head as if he was agreeing to something i just said. "fine, we'll be like that then." he stood up.

i look up to him with a face that was written with confusion. "what're you talking about?"

he responded by picking up the books beside me; "i'll take you to the infirmary then to the library." he went ahead while leaving me behind. he walks like he has forgotten my existence.

without hesitation i stood up with the med box in hand following him closely. he stopped suddenly then turns to say; "-then we can talk." he continued his entourage.

•=======

he placed the final books on their assigned shelfs with ease unlike me, i need to use a stool to put up the books properly.

"that's done." i put away the stool that i used. sanemi seems to be taken in his mind, since he didn't reacted to my previous actions. he might be thinking about if birds have teeth or something.

do they..?

i struggled my way through the thin ailse with the big wooden object. i told sanemi to hand me a small one but he came back with a huge grin on his face while carrying this thing. rude, i tell you.