Idly- A small town boy's journey from a stereotype to a phenomena

This is the story of a small town boy who made it big in the culinary world, in spite of his humble beginning. Idly- Son of Mr. Black gram & Ms. Rice, was born in a mediocre family in Tamil Nadu. Little did his parents know that, a boy of that simplicity will go on to become a phenomena. Idly, was always genuine, soft and supple through the digestive system. These qualities of him won many hearts and soon folks started vouching for him as 'The healthy breakfast'. His closest pal was none other than his first cousin, 'Coconut chutney'. They complemented each other so well, that people appreciated their bonding. This Idly-Chutney, duo soon became every house hold's favorite. They were not just part of every celebration, but they also stood by people in their most difficult times. Wise men, suggested that, some one as good as Idly- Chutney, shouldn't get suppressed in a small town, but rather be recognized by a larger mass. One fine morning, Idly's parents presented this idea to him, and he, as an obedient son, took off on a journey to spread happiness in the culinary world. Joining him was his cousin and his best mate, Chutney. The duo landed in a big city, Chennai, and first paved through the smaller streets, looking for a start point. A couple who made their living, by doing small errands, first noticed, Idly & chutney. In their very first interaction, the couple knew that these two are destined to make it big. Whilst, staying with this couple, Idly met his now soul mate, Sambhar. A spark struck between them and soon they were seeing each other more often. Though, Chutney was still Idly's best companion, Sambhar's inclusion in the team, just made them more stronger. Chutney would complement Idly in many ways, yet they were a complete opposites in their profiles. Sambhar, understood Idly's persona and she only enhanced his overall being. Idly found his best self when immersed in Sambhar and people relished when these two were together. Chutney soon realized, the special bond Idly and Sambhar shared and at times he would pave his way out for these love birds to be together. However, Idly would never let Chutney alone and ensured that Sambhar acknowledges him in her own way. She was the most accommodating partner, Idly could ever think off. She never let chutney feel aloof and the trio enjoyed each others company with no resentment.The trio of Idly, Sambhar and chutney was massively popular in Chennai. They became the face of Healthy Breakfast. It was about time for these guys to explore beyond the boundaries of their state Tamil Nadu. They wandered in the neighboring states Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Though they had to adapt themselves to the local's taste, in every State, they never faced rejections. They tasted their share of success and this sow the seeds into them to expand their horizon. In cohesion, they reached the land of dreams, 'Mumbai' They were extremely optimistic, that they will be appreciated and accepted as they were in all other places However, it wasn't as easy, the trio faced stiff competition from the likes of Chapatis, Puris and Parathas, who had already made their mark as popular breakfasts. They also had to fight their way with relatively smaller contestants, the Pohas and Sabudana vadas.. On many instances the trio were rejected and were tagged as a boring breakfast. Sambhar, faced the wrath most, due to her darker complexion and her being thick. They were stereotyped as South Indian's breakfast. In many events, though Idly was accepted, his natural form was distorted and he was named Idly Upma, some gave him a new face, added an oriental touch and called him Idly Manchurian. In all these, there was no room for Sambhar and Chutney.However, Idly like a true warrior, fought through the adversities and never let any one take it out from him his natural qualities. His perseverance, won them the battle and there they saw light at the end of the tunnel. Idly, Sambhar and Chutney reunited yet again and this trio came back stronger than ever.They not just won it against Parathas and Puris, but their qualities earned them the honor of 'The Healthiest Breakfast'. There was no looking back and they indeed became a Phenomena.Hail to this trio of Idly, Sambhar & Chutney. 

A tale of friendship, love, persistence and thinking big.