xiv

Dear Sydnie,
It's crazy to think that it's only been 8 months since we first met. You've become such a huge part of my life, I don't think I'll ever be able to put it into words but you make my days easier. I know this shitty letter won't compare to the one you sent me but I hope it means as much to you as yours did to me. Thank you for everything that you do for me Syd. Happy Birthday.
Love,
Clay.

Syd smiled, sitting in her chair as she read the small letter. She continued to read it over and over again. It may be small but it meant so much to her. She took a couple pictures of herself with his hoodie on and her little figurine.

@SyddtheKidd
[insert image]
A few belated birthday presents from a certain green man. Has it really been 8 months?
      |
      — @dreamwastaken2
           8 months and counting! Nice hoodie by the way :)
                 |
                 — @SyddtheKidd
                      thanks for the goodies clay :) I love them

Syd smiled, liking some of her replies before heading off to sleep.

——

"Sapnap. Sapnap. CROUCH."
"DREAM I'M TRYING I KEEP GETTING HIT."
"IT IS LITERALLY JUST GEORGE COME ON."
"DREAM SYD IS WITH HIM WE ARE SCREWED." Sapnap and Dream continued to stress as Syd and George moved closer to them. They were playing bed wars and they were the only two teams left.
"Sapnap, Sapnap, Sapnap watch out."
"Saying my name like that is stressing me out man."
"Well just don't suck." They laughed as they continued to build across to their island.
"George, George please. We're friends. We can talk about this." Sapnap chuckled, moving closer to the island.
"Remember the plan. Kill syd first then I'll go for the bed and you finish George off."
"Yes. Got it got it." They both ate their golden apple before rushing into their island, only to find George. Before they knew it, they got the notification that their bed was broken. "WHAT THE HELL."
"IT WAS SYD, SHE'S NOT HERE." Clay couldn't help but smile, she was incredibly good. It wasn't long before syd came from behind and killed them both. They all went into the same discord call and George and Syd were laughing.
"How does it feel to get out dreamed." George jokes, laughing softly.
"I am the new Dream." Syd laughed, causing Dream to laugh. "Eat that clay. Oh shit sorry." Syd chuckled, completely forgetting Sapnap was streaming.
"Oh no, it's okay Sydnie." Clay spoke with a chuckle.
"Wait, your name is sydnie?"
"Sapnap are you okay? Of course her name is sydnie. What else did you think syd was short for." George snapped with a laugh causing syd to fall into a fit of laughter.
"It's a good thing you have a good sense of humor." Syd jokes, causing the boys to laugh. "Well after that huge win I think I'm gonna part ways and start my stream."
"See you Syd." Sapnap mumbled.
"Bye syd."
"Goodbye sydnie."

——

Syd smiled, watching as her views poured in. She was wearing the hoodie she just got from Clay and was holding a small stuffed dinosaur. "Hey everyone! Welcome! I thought today we would do something different and just chat. I haven't done a stream like this in a while and a lot has happened since then." She talked about all the changes in her life and how happy she is about her channel taking off. Once she was done she began to take questions from the chat. "What's my comfort movie? Oh ratatouille. Hands down." She smiled, watching her chat explode with quotes from the movie. "Who is my best friend? Well I have more than one. You can have as many best friends as you want. The hard friendship to find is that close friendship where you will literally do anything for each other." She chuckled. "Don't worry I'll answer it for you, my closest friends are George and Clay. I've known George for years now and he's been there for literally everything and Clay is just so amazing I can't put it into words." She chuckled before reading off donations and subscribers. There was an alert and it was the text to speech.
"Hello Syd ilysm and I just wanted to know if you had a YouTube crush?" Syd smiled.
"Hi! I love you too, thank you for the 5 dollars. Uhm yes I do actually but I'm not going to say." She chuckled, before she knew it she was getting a phone call. "Uh hey. I'm streaming but you probably already knew that. Put you on speaker? Why would I do that, okay fine." She smiled, putting the speakers of her phone up to her mic. "Careful Clay, 20 thousand people can hear you." She chuckled.
"Okay first off, I'm flattered. Thank you." She looked at the camera confused. "Second, you're one of my close friends too."
"Wait were you not talking about that when you first started talking?"
"What? No. I'm flattered to be your YouTube crush."
"Oh you dream you were my YouTube crush." She chuckled, completely aware of the pun she made.
"Haha. Seriously though, I am flattered."
"Oh piss off clay." She chuckled along with him before hanging up on him, the blush rising to her cheeks. Syd had no idea how much longer she would be able to hide her feelings.